Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
borrowed a odb scanner to clear the depollution code off the car, it worked and I left the scanner connected to the port overnight.

in the morning the car electronics are going crazy, wipers on and lots of electrical issues.

can anyone tell me how to reset the electrics to solve this, or is anyone local to hull who can help.

thanks so much

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You can do it with the driver's door open but you would need to hold down the switches on the door hinge pillar with tape so that the car thinks the door is closed.

C

·
0 Posts
I've a generic reader as well as planet and autocom but it has very clear instructions about connecting it to a car and the sequence of attaching it and turning ignition on/off and not leaving it connected for longer than necessary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was rather confused about all of this - but it was simple in the end.

the odb scanner was left plugged in all night, in the morning all hell broke loose, the mirrors didn't fold out, the wipers came on, the alarm was randomly going off, and the lights were all over the place.

I called out my breakdown people and it turned out to just be the battery being dead, for some reason the odb scanner must drain a lot of power and had killed my battery

charged it back and up and all is back to normal again.

however I am still getting p2563 and p2565 error codes causing the dreaded "de-pollution" light, and loss of power.

but fortunately the odb scanner clears them and the car reverts back to full power for a day or so.

I am getting rid of the car and getting a Volvo xc90 seeing as I have another baby due in September.

thanks for the help anyway guys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why did you leave it connected all night. That makes no sence.

its only a tiny thing and I was travelling to my parents up north so didn't see it as a problem to leave it plugged in, the fault appeared twice during the journey so it seemed worth leaving it plugged in, easier to clear the faults.

pete

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. Whatever you think.
well is it a biggie to leave it plugged in ?

its really small and I really cant see how it would drain much power - but you live and learn I guess.

typical of this bloody car - de-pollution light since week 1 - glad to getting rid of it.

pete

D

·
0 Posts
Obviously a biggie if it killed the battery. Probably lead to your warning on the dash as the battery died. The multiplex network was messed up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I personally didn't think something with 3 tiny leds on it would drain the battery.

once the battery was charged up it all went back to normal - but I was thinking originally that the thing had messed up the electronics.

clever little device for £8 off ebay - just unplug the bugger at night !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts