Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving along today all was going well went down a farm track through a puddle about 7 or 8" deep half hour later anti pollution fault comes up get limp mode with no light on and its bellowing smoke out the back of it.

Any ideas?????????????

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think it's just a coincidence, driving through a puddle.

Take it for a motorway run, 3000rpm for 20 minutes should force a regen of the DPF, see if that sorts it.

I think the only way a puddle would cause issues is if you have a hole in your DPF and it's filled up with water.

·
5,071 Posts
what colours the smoke ????

·
Registered
134 Posts
was driving along today all was going well went down a farm track through a puddle about 7 or 8" deep half hour later anti pollution fault comes up get limp mode with no light on and its bellowing smoke out the back of it.

Any ideas?????????????
Is it possible the electrovalve(s) have sucked some water in thought the foam covered inlet and have pulled water into the vac system ?

This could have affected the turbo control and put it into limp ?

I ask this because I sprayed wd40 into one when investigating faults and it did the same until the oil had cleared the system.

Just thought, it did the limp, but not to pollution fault

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible the electrovalve(s) have sucked some water in thought the foam covered inlet and have pulled water into the vac system ?

This could have affected the turbo control and put it into limp ?

I ask this because I sprayed wd40 into one when investigating faults and it did the same until the oil had cleared the system.

Just thought, it did the limp, but not to pollution fault
if i pull all the hoses off would it blow the water out

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i have a theory with the dpf i think the cable that connects the sensor in the dpf gets wet and shorts and brings up anti pollution fault only ever happens when its raining or when i go tracking

·
Registered
134 Posts
if i pull all the hoses off would it blow the water out
The system sucks so it won't blow out, but in theory it should clear itself after a while. Not sure if this is the problem though. You could check if there is any moisture in the pipework.

Would be worth checking for the codes that are causing the limp mode.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put a full redex diesel treatment in thrashed it along for a few miles switched it off and on again floored it big cloud of black soot left a dirty black line up the road seems alot better now. fingers crossed its finished and fixed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts