Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to these forums. I have a problem with my 2001/51 Peugeot 307 GLX 2.0HDi (110). Yesterday evening I started the car and it made a horrible screeching/rattle noise. Also the car jerks when in neutral or if I rev it whilst it is in neutral. However, when I press the clutch down and then rev the car it is fine, no noise or jerky movement. As soon as I release the clutch and rev it screeches and jerks. Can anyone shed some light on what it may be?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Sounds as if one of the gears is still partially meshing when it is in neutral and by pressing the clutch, the input shaft is no longer being driven by the engine so the jerking and noises stop.

Is it easy to push the car with the engine stopped, ignition off and in neutral or does pushing the car try to turn the engine over ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds as if one of the gears is still partially meshing when it is in neutral and by pressing the clutch, the input shaft is no longer being driven by the engine so the jerking and noises stop.

Is it easy to push the car with the engine stopped, ignition off and in neutral or does pushing the car try to turn the engine over ?
Its normal pushing the car whilst engine off. I tried to drive it, put it in 1st gear and it moves but then jerks horribly with a screeching noise, same when I put it in reverse.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If it jerks and screeches only when trying to drive then it does sound more like a clutch / flywheel issue or even a failed bearing on the input shaft.

Can't see how the clutch, flywheel or bearing failure would cause the car to jerk when the gearbox is in neutral though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts