Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,drove car and got out.went to start it back up and no electrics and click ing noise from fusebox.car is a 2003 2.0 hdi rapier.i just dont undeestand!does anyone know what it could be?thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
It could be anything to be honest.
Ok remove battery terminals and clean them up sometimes that will course what you have. Clicking could be starter motor or a bad earth engine to body, flat battery.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,got AA man to put new battery on as tests carried out show the cells were goosed on my battery.drove to work and home today.went out in the car went to start up and same frakin problem!!battery power goes and nothing on the dash....then miraculiously the car fires up!!does anyone know what it could be and please where are the engine earth cables?thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Use a multi meter on the battery to check voltage first. You could have a permanent drain on it.

I would suspect a poor earth if the battery is reading around 12 volts. From the battery you have the earth cabling (black wires) that run to the cars body.

Remove these on the body and the one on top of the gearbox and rub them up with sand paper. Also clean the area where they mount to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi .the battery is brand spanking new and alternator is ok.basicically its like a a blackout then car is ok after a few minutes and clocks all reset and need adjusting again like battery has disconnected!has anyone else had this problem and solved it and got sorted so i can stop wasting money on thing i dont need?thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just an update.i followed the thread on here to reset my Bsi but i dont think its worked.i went out to move car 10 mins ago and its had another blackout!if i turn the key bak off and quickly to turn on and it started and the strange thing was headlights flashed and the window wud only go back up in stages.and the clocks do there usual reset and im sick of putting the corrext time and date on now!.its dping my head in now and ive only just got the car and want rid of her already!can anyone shed some light on what it could be??

·
Registered
315 Posts
there's a loose or dirty connection somewhere, and it sounds like it's at the distribution stage if the starter solenoid (a relatively high-current device) is dropping out.

You've cleaned the battery terminals, so now follow'em back and check the other ends of the wires; battery to starter and engine bay fusebox and then chassis and gearbox grounds.
If nothing is found, I'd likely break out the voltmeter and start doing voltage drop checks during the fault condition...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts