Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 2.0 hdi, ATED BE4 engine

I'm attempting to repressurise the fuel system at the fuel filter, as I'm switching on the ignition to get fuel through the filter, I've got fuel coming out of the hose connecting to the outlet.

I've got 3 hoses connecting to the filter, one at 12 o'clock, one at 3 o'clock and one at 9 o'clock.

12 and 9 o'clock are connected to the filter, 3 is unplugged and a hose connected to the outlet.

Should fuel be coming out of the 3 o'clock hose too?

·
Registered
441 Posts
307 2.0 hdi, ATED BE4 engine

I'm attempting to repressurise the fuel system at the fuel filter, as I'm switching on the ignition to get fuel through the filter, I've got fuel coming out of the hose connecting to the outlet.

I've got 3 hoses connecting to the filter, one at 12 o'clock, one at 3 o'clock and one at 9 o'clock.

12 and 9 o'clock are connected to the filter, 3 is unplugged and a hose connected to the outlet.

Should fuel be coming out of the 3 o'clock hose too?

if stood in front of car looking into engine bay 3,12,9 clock positions on mine as a 110 has 12, 3 as fuel entry and return to tank. 9 o clock feeds high pressure pump.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I've had the engine running, which was a relief!

I wih Haynes would stop omitting important details, such as gather fuel coming out of the open fuel line. All it says is to cover them to stop dirt getting in.

Going to take it out for a spin to make sure it runs ok under load......

The missus won't be happy if it packs in on me. I'm supposed to be picking her up tonight......

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cheers, I've had the engine running, which was a relief!

I wih Haynes would stop omitting important details, such as gather fuel coming out of the open fuel line. All it says is to cover them to stop dirt getting in.

Going to take it out for a spin to make sure it runs ok under load......

The missus won't be happy if it packs in on me. I'm supposed to be picking her up tonight......

lol tell her to get the bus! :cool: yep haynes used to be great so i just dive in now lol as i struggle with what it saying sometimes?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what happened yesterday when I was going to replace the fuel filter - it gavel he step-by-step instruction on how to remove, then there was a note on the end which said that everything they instructed on how to remove the filter from the housing was a loads of bollocks, as they couldn't find a way to remove the top without breaking it!

So now I need to get hold of a new housing assembly before I destroy the old one...

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's what happened yesterday when I was going to replace the fuel filter - it gavel he step-by-step instruction on how to remove, then there was a note on the end which said that everything they instructed on how to remove the filter from the housing was a loads of bollocks, as they couldn't find a way to remove the top without breaking it!

So now I need to get hold of a new housing assembly before I destroy the old one...

Do you actually mean the you want to get the fuel filter apart?

the top screws off, or have i missed the point? :)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

the top on the fuel filter can be removed, use a strap type oil filter remover or jam jar lid remover

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you actually mean the you want to get the fuel filter apart?

the top screws off, or have i missed the point? :)
That's what I thought - I tried turning it by hand, but couldn't budge it. I thought I was missing something, so I checked Haynes only to read that they couldn't dismantle it without breaking it.

the top on the fuel filter can be removed, use a strap type oil filter remover or jam jar lid remover
Cheers mate, I'll try the oil filter strap.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's what I thought - I tried turning it by hand, but couldn't budge it. I thought I was missing something, so I checked Haynes only to read that they couldn't dismantle it without breaking it.

Cheers mate, I'll try the oil filter strap.
Those bloody lids eh? :p

I used to trap pop bottle lids in the doors at home on the hinge side to open when I was a kid! (Happy days)
Mom not to pleased with the dents left in wood after, boy, did I pay for that! :nod: lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts