Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hiya,

i have a 307 1.6 s hdi on a 2005 plate, just done 109k, serviced 3 months ago. now i have this major problem. when the car is idle for a few minutes and i then drive off, my car smokes like there is no tomorrow but then stops smoking after a a minute or 2...

i have opened up the bonnet to check for any susceptible problems and i've notice oil on the pipe which connects to the cat i believe...now to further check if i am right....i left the car running for about 10mins...i started to see oil leaking out from the left side of the connector which connects the turbo...erm...where the seal/connector is on the left side...there is also a nut/screw with a pipe that goes down somewhere...it's leaking from that area...

HAS MY TURBO GONE??

WHAT CAN I DO TO SORT THIS OUT???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dont mean to sound rude

but why is no one replying to a problem which i have??

i need help regarding my car...

·
Registered
176 Posts
That nut leading to your turbo contains the oil filter for the turbo according the the Haynes manual.

It's not good (in fact it's v bad) for your turbo if it's not getting an oil supply.

One of the forum experts can correct me if I'm wrong but I think its a basic fix that a Peugeot garage can do if indeed the leak is coming from the turbo oil line.

J

·
0 Posts
Don't drive your car until you get an answer.

I was told on a previous car that the turbo seal was ready to go (And therefore the result would be a great loss of oil to the correct location).

Anyway, they said that I should immediately turn off the engine at the sight of a large plume of smoke.

You might not have done the damage yet, so make sure you don't drive it anymore because you will croak the turbo. That's as much info as I can provide, just sit tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

right..over the weekend i thought i'd inspect the problem a little more and have found out the following...my oil level was on minimum so i topped that up..after doing so i clean the the cat cylinder casing, turned the engine on and left it running...after about 5 mins or so i notice oil leaking out from underneath where the metal ring/clamp is situated that connects the pipe to the cat, when that started occurring large plumes of smoke was coming out the back...

now i cleaned it all up again, topped up the oil, but this time i took the main pipe off which connect from the engine to the turbo...there was no sludge or anything apart from normal oil in it...i looked into the turbo, used my finger to check if there was play on the turbine, everything seemed ok...

so i'm not sure if the seal has gone or it is going?

whether the turbo is gone or going??

but the turbo does whistle normally as it should just to point out...##hope that helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts