Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I dropped my 307 0f this morning at rugby’s Peugeot dealers as at the weekend after I topped up with fuel I had minimum additive level which I’ve been expecting for a while as tank getting low they called me quoting £196 all in for top up and reset but 3 hours later told me after they filled with fluid fault still showing and said it may need new sensor I told him it was first time I seen message at the weekend and had a genuine low level he said they would look at it again so now I’m just waiting to see what they say!! any ideas please im i been ripped off

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
could be blowing smoke up your ****. how much is the sensor plus fitting inc VAT?

if you want you can always deny work for the sensor and get a second opinion...even by getting the counter reset on planet yourself and checking the sensor.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be blowing smoke up your ****. how much is the sensor plus fitting inc VAT?

if you want you can always deny work for the sensor and get a second opinion...even by getting the counter reset on planet yourself and checking the sensor.
Don`t you just remove filler cap for 2 mins after reset do they no this? when he calls back i will ask if he has done this but suerly they should no how to fix issue

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ive heard the fuel cap method but yet never come across someone who has managed it. best to use planet. :thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive heard the fuel cap method but yet never come across someone who has managed it. best to use planet. :thumb:
is this the Procedure what they would do, refill with fluid,reset counter or whatever it is,then take cap of for 2 mins job done or am i getting it wrong. not sure what u mean by fuel cap method

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had a similar call from my garage when they did my eloys fill up. Said they had filled it up ok but couldn't reset the low level alarm/indicator and would probably need a new sensor.

They said they were waiting for one of their more experienced tech's to take a look and a couple of hours later I got a call saying that they had reset successfully.

So there is probably a knack to it which some of them figure out after doing a few of them

S

·
0 Posts
I was under the impression the additive tank had no sensor, the car simply gets told when its full via planet then figures out how much its using?

I also recall somewhere that once topped up and counters reset you have to put more fuel in, although that one could have just been a wild idea!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
is this the Procedure what they would do, refill with fluid,reset counter or whatever it is,then take cap of for 2 mins job done or am i getting it wrong. not sure what u mean by fuel cap method
sorry i assumed you meant the fuel cap, when you said filler cap. there is some people out there who say remove fuel cap and do something to reset the counter.

but from what i understand they fill the additive tank, hook the computer up to the ecu and reset the counter as there isnt a sensor in the tank...just a counter that the ecu calculates how much additive has been used, for example:

1. you fill tank to brim.
2. ecu calculates fuel added from last known amount to new amount.
3. ecu adds x amount of additive to fuel
4. ecu removes x amount from additive left (y).
5. when additive counter gets to y amount, show error.

EDIT: just wrote this before i seen Stubbos comment

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just picked car i was told need tank of a cost of 250 i asked if he took fuel cap of he said no so after work i will top up with disel and leave cap for few mins and see whats happens wish me luck o yeah when i picked car i said whats the damage £196 he said he managed to get it down a bit i to £104 whast the f**k 3 litres of fluid and reset for this price so touch wood the fuel cap resets it will let you all no

·
Registered
171 Posts
I reset the eloys counter on my 307 a few days ago and the Peugeot Planet software showed a message saying that within 1 minute of doing the reset I should remove the petrol cap for at least 5 seconds. The reset was successful.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since filling up with disel i've been in an out of the car few times with no warnings so i'm well chuffed thank you all for your hlep :thumb: peugeot are a bunch of muppets :kickbutt:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maindealer Assholes cant read. Planet says clearly in instructions for resetting counters to remove filler cap. If the dpf is blocked due to high number of failed regens due to low fluid level a Forced regen may be necessary to clear DPF and all faults (either by planet or 10 min over 70mph in 4th gear to get heat into DPF)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maindealer Assholes cant read. Planet says clearly in instructions for resetting counters to remove filler cap. If the dpf is blocked due to high number of failed regens due to low fluid level a Forced regen may be necessary to clear DPF and all faults (either by planet or 10 min over 70mph in 4th gear to get heat into DPF)
How can you tell if its done a regen? i did try this morning to keep above 70 in 4 gear but its very hard to do it on motorway so many d#cks on the road

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
not sure with peugeots, but the fiat i had for rental kept a light on and info'd you that the regen was in process.

typically you just need to keep the revs above 3k for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
673 Posts
not sure with peugeots, but the fiat i had for rental kept a light on and info'd you that the regen was in process.

typically you just need to keep the revs above 3k for 20 minutes.
My car would blow up if i kept it at 3k for 20 mins....its never been above 3k as it feels like its maxed out....

J

·
0 Posts
You can only definitely tell the regen is complete by looking at the stats on Planet - it will show you how far its been driven since the last regen.

I wish the Peugeot's would have an info message come up on the MFD to say that a regen is in progress and go off once complete, at least then we could drive it correctly at that time in order for the regen to be successful.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
or just do what ford did, get a peugeot engine, gut the dpf...remap the engine to suit and then call it the 1.8tdci focus :lol: :lol:

then everyone can enjoy aircon that keeps breaking and parking tickets :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts