Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hoping you can help.

Around 2 weeks ago I got the adblue light come on (Peugeot 208 (66 plate)).- my dad kindly topped it up and I've since patiently waited to see if it would go off as most forum threads said it would. however I am now at 100 miles to go until starting is restricted and its the adblue light is still flashing at me and the UREA light keeps popping up every 30 seconds or so to tell me I only have 100 miles to go.
My dad borrowed a diagnostics kit from a friend last night and plugged it in to reset the light but unfortunately that didn't work, he was advised to disconnect the battery for the night and that also hasn't worked...... any tips? I am wanting to avoid having to take the car to Peugeot and ending up with a big bill to have it reset.
I am going to be booking it in to our local friendly garage that we use on Monday BUT I want to know if there's anything we can do in the meantime with my dad being incredibly car savvy.

thanks in advance
Sophie

·
Registered
584 Posts
Does the manual define a minimum quantity that needs to be added for the system to register the topup? If so, have you added at least that?

If you have a Bluetooth/WiFi obd dongle, you can also check what the Engine Control Module is registering using an app called FAP from the Amazon app store.

Failing that, I guess you can't avoid a visit to a garage, they'll need to check what level the vehicle is seeing and take it from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all it says is that it has a 17 litre capacity we put in 10 so we are gonna try to fill it today BUT when reading into the adblue faults section because my service light has come on with the adblue light this reads that there is a sensor issue and it will need to go to a garage.

slightly convenient that when the adblue runs out there is also a sensor fault but yes :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts