Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got a 15 plate 308 SW

The usual UREA warning message come up a couple of days ago and after a bad experience at my local dealer I decided to top up the system myself.

I've followed the manual but I'm still getting the warning message pop up when I start the car. Also the UREA light is still present on the dash.

Is there a reset procedure that's not mentioned in the manual?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Did you put enough in? I think I read somewhere that you need to put in at least 3.8 Litres or something like that amount when the light comes on, that's 2 bottles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got a 15 plate 308 SW

The usual UREA warning message come up a couple of days ago and after a bad experience at my local dealer I decided to top up the system myself.

I've followed the manual but I'm still getting the warning message pop up when I start the car. Also the UREA light is still present on the dash.

Is there a reset procedure that's not mentioned in the manual?

Thanks in advance
I think the dealer is trying to get some extra money out of you to be honest,
the message on mine cleared automatically after I'd topped up enough.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Last week 4 days after a service my Adblue light came on so went back to Peugeot dealer and I watched at least 12 ltr of Adblue go in but light remained on.
Eventually fixed by a software or is it firm wear update being input.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Last week 4 days after a service my Adblue light came on so went back to Peugeot dealer and I watched at least 12 ltr of Adblue go in but light remained on.
Eventually fixed by a software or is it firm wear update being input.
I was under the impression that replenishing of AdBlue was part of the service!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It is meant to be yes.

But depending on the number of miles you do it may run out before the service is due as I think the tank only holds enough for about 15,000 miles.

Certainly the case with me, I've had to top it up twice now between services.

Also, I have to be honest, the service I've received at the dealer hasn't always been what I expected....for example, after some repairs I found the light level switch had been re-fitted upside down and the first time I needed AdBlue topping up they charged me just under £50...hence why I've topped it up myself since...£11 and 30mins of my time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It is meant to be yes.

But depending on the number of miles you do it may run out before the service is due as I think the tank only holds enough for about 15,000 miles.

Certainly the case with me, I've had to top it up twice now between services.

Also, I have to be honest, the service I've received at the dealer hasn't always been what I expected....for example, after some repairs I found the light level switch had been re-fitted upside down and the first time I needed AdBlue topping up they charged me just under £50...hence why I've topped it up myself since...£11 and 30mins of my time.
I was charged £30 outside service, mine needed topping up a few weeks before the service..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have always done mine myself is very easy to do. My dealer didn't do mine when it had its 2nd service and 4 days later I had the warning come on. Took the car back to them and complained as I thought it was part of the service (was on my service receipt) and they wanted to charge me another £9.99. Said bye and do it myself now. Also use a different dealer now who seem to know alot more than the other one and so far have been pretty good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
urea warning

my car has just been in for its first service and the wiring loom from the adblue tank was replaced under a recall notice mines is a 15 plate 308sw I know iam late to the party but just reading the threads for more info

·
Registered
102 Posts
Its the same stuff in petrol stations. The one to avoid is for lorries/commercial vehicles.
If its Adblue its Adblue, but beware og the fluid rate, here is A quote;
The price of AdBlue® is not an indicator of quality in that all the branded diesel exhaust fluids are of good quality and conform to VW, DIN 70070 and ISO 22241-1 standards. For this reason it is strongly not advised to try and make AdBlue® yourself from high-grade urea. You should use AdBlue® approved by the manufacturer and packaged in the original containers. The AdBlue® brand is a registered trademark of the VDA (Association of the Automotive Industry).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-CRAFTER-FUEL-NECK-ADAPTER-2E0201135D-NEW-GENUINE-VW-PART-/131714194584?_ul=AR

To use the lorries Adblue in persons car you need an adapter, wv got one, This adapter have A build in magnet, That make the Adblue flow.

http://infodiesel.co.uk/adblue-peugeot/peugeot-308/

·
Registered
20 Posts
It also pays to shop around a bit - mine needed topping up a couple of thousand km before the service was due, and I saw some in a local service station for around €14 for a 1 liter bottle. I wasn't prepared to pay that, especially since I knew you needed to put in about 4 liters for it to be registered by the system. I found some at a different service station along my commute at €8 for a 10 liter bottle, and that I was more than willing to pay.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It also pays to shop around a bit - mine needed topping up a couple of thousand km before the service was due, and I saw some in a local service station for around €14 for a 1 liter bottle. I wasn't prepared to pay that, especially since I knew you needed to put in about 4 liters for it to be registered by the system. I found some at a different service station along my commute at €8 for a 10 liter bottle, and that I was more than willing to pay.
Seems to be a rip off item.
I bought 2 x 10 ltr. via Ebay and delivered it worked out at £0.80 per Ltr.
A word of warning I would not recommend handling larger than a 10 ltr. container to pour from as it is quite heavy so glad my 20 ltr. was in 2 containers.
I did read the ones you buy on forecourts have a shorter use by date on then necessary to cover the fact they may well be in sunlight, so mine are stored in a place they get no sun.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My warning came up on my dash a few weeks ago. Yesterday after a long trip away it seemed to drop from the originally stated range to something a lot less.

As I don't pay (company does) I dropped into Days Haverford West Peugeot garage. I was charged £9.98 to top up and I had my car washed too - whilst they gave me a 20p to get myself a coffee from their nice coffee machine.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts