Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..I own a 2007 Volvo S40 2.0 diesel which is the Peugeot engine..I’ve done a few mod ie hybrid turbo,Nissan skyline GTR intercooler,DPF/EGR delete,stainless exhaust and K&N filter..I’m getting just under 200BHP & around 400ftlb torque..I’m being letdown by the high pressure fuel pump!..We are running out of fuel above 4000RPM!..my mapper says we need a bigger fuel pump?,he reckons we’ll get around another 30+BHP if I can find one..Does anyone know of a bigger fuel pump that will fit this engine?..any advice would be greatly appreciated..surely someone used to tune this engine back in the day?..

·
5,617 Posts
If it has bosch fuel system a common mod is to use a pump from a BMW 6 cylinder diesel on older 2.0 engines with the CP series pump

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No such luck..it’s a Siemens 5WS-40380...quite a common pump so surely there must be a larger alternative out there?...and the RG250 takes me back..Very quick..far better than the KR1S in my opinion.. :)

·
5,617 Posts
Some 2.7 HDI's had Siemens pumps so that maybe an option.

I think that the RGV is a better that than the KR1-S as well but i'm biased

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve found quite a few vehicles using the Siemens 5WS pump ranging from lots of fords,Peugeot,Jaguar,Land Rover ect..Dervtech at Manchester tells me they used to use a pump from a big engined Isuzu 4x4 that was a direct fit?..
And I agree..The RGV and KR1S were comparable on outright speed but I felt the Suzuki handled much better..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts