Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their stereo head unit? Mine is the RD4, and can't stream music via Bluetooth. I am using an FM transmitter, but it is crackly and antiquated. Does anyone have suggestions as it has to work with the JBL system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Android Head Unit

I have very similar setup right now and currently eyeing Android Head Unit options. It's a complete package with bluetooth and wifi connectivity.

Pricey compared to other options but custom made for 407.

You can get it online. Just google or eBay - '407 Android 9.0' and let us know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
None of the original units support bluetooth music.

The RT4 can read MP3 from USB and the RT5 has bluetooth for phone only.

Even so, they're not cheap, Peugeot has stopped ordering the production of new maps for them, and you may have a very difficult time finding the required looms for them.

There's a common Nexus7 mod.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I upgraded from RT4 to a Pioneer single din on a 2004 407 only the other week.
I bought an adapter kit, which allows the steering wheel audio controls and factory parking reverse parking sensors to function.

The same kit also allows you to access the various functions in the MFD, such as climate settings or auto lights, but these are now accessed and selected via the audio stalk on the steering wheel.

The Pioneer obviously sounds much better than the RT4 plus I now have DAB+, Ipod control, Bluetooth phone and streaming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts