Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 607 with a RD4 N2.

I've considering either buying an Aux-in lead or some device that would even add Bluetooth support but then I thought, why not changing the whole radio?

At this point I am not sure what my options are.

I'm basically looking for a radio that supports Aux in, Bluetooth (both for music and phone). I wouldn't mind a bigger screen either.

What can you recommend me?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
26 Posts
You could after-fit a navi RT4 model, if you get lucky enough to find one on the Internet or on local scrap yards. And they're not cheep!

Wouldn't recomadn an RT3 due to it's old software and somewhat limited functions...
RT4 was an option in the last 2,5 years of the 607 production (01.Dec.2007 - 31.May2009).
You might need the whole central pillar (because of the screen frame dimmensions and mathing colours...) and some minor modiffications on wires to the big display, plus -maybe- adapters for antennas...

But, it's doable and it's worth it if you want to enjoy the ride in 607 for a few more years!

?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Of course, one could after-fit a double DIN multimedia unit.

Should be aware of pros and cons of such an investment (what you get and what you loose). Don't know what about the car-rellated equipment in that case (steering wheel controls i.e.) or variosus info on the display (they come through original radio), like parking sensors, TPMS, et cet.

I'm personaly more inclined to original (although newer and hard-to-find, but everything-works) solutions, but 2 DIN is an option too!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Of course, one could after-fit a double DIN multimedia unit.

Should be aware of pros and cons of such an investment (what you get and what you loose). Don't know what about the car-rellated equipment in that case (steering wheel controls i.e.) or variosus info on the display (they come through original radio), like parking sensors, TPMS, et cet.

I'm personaly more inclined to original (although newer and hard-to-find, but everything-works) solutions, but 2 DIN is an option too!
Indeed retro fit is a good option I believe that the new radio would require reprogramming for the car

Regarding steering controls i use connects2 and on a 307 and 3008 found acceptable ways of retaining the functionality of the mfd that held importance for me

Hope the op finds a suitable solution and if single din is preferable companies like pioneer make units that over a larger slide out screen :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts