Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I'm a new member of the forum; if there is a thread connected to the above inquiry, please point it out to me.
I come from Vietnam and my car is Peugeot 5008 2021.
In my area, the Peugoet Apps, available on Google Play and the iOS App Store, do not offer the "Update firmware for Car" capability. I also requested support from the automaker, but they consistently responded with "no new version".
I'm looking for the most recent firmware version or one that supports the Vietnamese language for my car. Please assist me!
I would appreciate any kind of help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a NAC Wave 2 infotainment system. There are updates for both the firmware and maps that you could find here: NAC/RCC/RCE Updates - Wave 2
Thank you so much for your help, I have another questions:
  • Now my version is 21.r0. If I want downgrade to 20.r0, is it possible.
  • Can I update 24.r0 version of Eur ( my region is Asia).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
r0 and r1 (or any other r) are just minor software revision numbers. You have a NAC Wave 2 so you can only use updates for that system - the file name usually have "NAC_EUR_WAVE2". You can install any file from that page - NAC/RCC/RCE Updates - Wave 2 - given that you cannot downgrade the firmware.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No, you can install the latest version, but you need a license key on the USB flash drive or connect your car to a wifi access point or tether your phone through bluetooth. Without the key you'll see the generic "incompatible hardware" error.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're correct. I connect my car to wifi and check for updates, but there are none. When I copied the firmware to USB, the automobile displayed a "incompatible hardware" error .
Last time I updated the map, from 19.r0 to 20.r0, it was relatively simple, however updating the firmware is really difficult.
Could you please explain how to create a license key for a USB flash drive?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The PSA update server doesn't handle VIN from Vietnam (that start with "RN2"), you need to have the digital license key on the USB flash drive. To download that key you need the UIN of you infotainment system. See these 2 posts:

When you find your UIN, you could download the key for version 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1 at (replace the <UIN>):
"https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web/rest/LicenseDownload?mediaVersion=001315031613548831&uin=<UIN>" and copy that file to a "\license" folder on the USB flash drive with the firmware.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find my UIN, the 8 last character is D1DFC144, but I can not found the folder "\license" location, I try to copy it like that but I still can not update :

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Multimedia

And here is the License file :

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The USB flash drive seems ok - you probably have to update while connected to a wifi network.
Do you see the "incompatible hardware" error right after inserting the flash drive?

You also should see the "no media error" (that you should ignore, the update doesn't have any mp3/avi/etc files).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my 2018 FL 308 GTi 270 in Australia. I have tried everything! Maps updated to Oceania 21.0.0.0 fine though.
The generic "incompatible hardware" error does mean many things - when it appears after the screen to choose/confirm the update, it's usually related with the license. But if you see that error right after inserting the flash drive, it's something else, but it helps if you just do one update at a time, map or firmware. These days it seems you always need some kind of data connection (car to wifi, car to tethered phone through bluetooth or an active and available TomTom Traffic live service) to update the firmware, even if you have the correct license key on the USB flash drive. Map updates doesn't need any license.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts