Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I want to update the ecu or bsi but idont know the difference between them all I need is update gearbox and engine software

I need to know what is there really very good enhancement to car performance specially the gearbox.

What the last update time or version. Maybe I'm on the least update

Another question about engine oil what the best alternative to oem oil. We have castrol and Fuchs and Mobil 1.. 0w-30 or what the best you think? I want smooth and less loud engin because my car have loud sound specialy when i accelerate. It's like diesel engine lol

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assume nobody knows about ecu.. Hmm no problem

I have another issue which is when the car heat up to normal temperature I start to feel hot air come from the air condition.. I know there is air leak but where the possible places I should check. Thank you

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It all depends on what you mean by updates.

If you want performance / fuel economy improvements then you are looking at getting the ECU remapped. I'm guessing you have an automatic gearbox and would imagine that if any updates are available then it would need to go to a Peugeot dealer to get the updated software.

As for oil, any good quality oil of the correct grade should be fine. I know it's recommended to use fully synthetic in a diesel engine but don't know what the recommendation is for a petrol. The correct grade and type of oil as listed in the owner manual from a known quality manufacturer should suffice.

As for your heater. Are you saying you get warm air blowing into the car even with AC switched on. If so then it may need a re-gas on the aircon system. If the gas has leked out then the compressor clutch will not engage so no aircon pump meaning no cold air coming into the cabin.

Your questions aren't very clear and you don't explain fully what it is you are asking. Try to give as much detail in you're questions. You know what you mean but that doesn't mean the rest of us do so the best we can do is either not reply so we don't give incorrect advice or we try and guess what it is you mean and give the best reply based on what we think you are asking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry my English is not good

Yes i want performance / fuel economy improvements

About the heat if i turn the AC on its work and won't effect. I checked ac and work fine

My problem is like air come from engin and leak to AC canal.. I think there is kinda hole or something that's make worm air blow into car like I turn the heat on but its off

I hope you understand what I mean

Thank you for reply

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Do you have manual A/C or the auto digital A/C ?

I would suspect it maybe the heater flap controls that are faulty. If the flaps can't close off the warm air then it will always blow warm regardless of the A/C being on or off.

There is quite a substantial thread on this forum covering heater repair.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have manual A/C or the auto digital A/C ?

I would suspect it maybe the heater flap controls that are faulty. If the flaps can't close off the warm air then it will always blow warm regardless of the A/C being on or off.

There is quite a substantial thread on this forum covering heater repair.
Its manual not digital.. The stream of worm air is not quick.. I will search on the post.. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts