Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to unplug my EGR to see if it makes a difference to a juddering of the engine I'm experiencing during light throttle. Been digging through the forums here and can't find a picture with the connector marked. Also wondering if it's possible to unplug without taking the plastic shield off at the bottom of the windscreen.

Ive got a 2005 HDI XSI 136bhp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cheers, what are other users referring to when the say 'unplug the EGR'? Seen a pretty big thread in the 407 forums about the benefits and hoping it will make a positive difference to the 307 I have.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
You are talking about blanking the EGR not unplugging it you can only blank a GOOD egr valve as the ecu needs to see signals from it blanking a bad EGR still sends bad signals back :)

Remove egr clean it and if it looks ok and seals properly then blank it but leave it connected electrically

·
Registered
197 Posts
the easiest way to access and service the egr valve seems a bit wrong but unless you've amazingly flexible fingers and thumbs, not to mention eyes on bendy stalks...this is easiest:
remove windscreen wipers and scuttle panel.
remove front chin spolier or jack up one side of the car(to get enough height to get a jack under the engine)
put a block of 4x2 timber or whatever on a jack and jack up the sump
remove engine accoustic cover if one is fitted
then remove the left hand engine mount bolts (four of each E-14 and T40/45 i think)
now you can roll the engine forwards enough to see the EGR cooler and the egr valve it attaches to.
Very Carefully remove the engine breather pipe that runs along the top and back of the engine, it is not difficult to remove just quite brittle.
It is possible to remove the EGR valve without undoing the cooler, and its probably best to,so that you don't have to bleed the water coolant system, just don't lose the gasket!
Then its just four 10mm nuts and bolts, roughly an hour each way removal and refitting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the easiest way to access and service the egr valve seems a bit wrong but unless you've amazingly flexible fingers and thumbs, not to mention eyes on bendy stalks...this is easiest:
remove windscreen wipers and scuttle panel.
remove front chin spolier or jack up one side of the car(to get enough height to get a jack under the engine)
put a block of 4x2 timber or whatever on a jack and jack up the sump
remove engine accoustic cover if one is fitted
then remove the left hand engine mount bolts (four of each E-14 and T40/45 i think)
now you can roll the engine forwards enough to see the EGR cooler and the egr valve it attaches to.
Very Carefully remove the engine breather pipe that runs along the top and back of the engine, it is not difficult to remove just quite brittle.
It is possible to remove the EGR valve without undoing the cooler, and its probably best to,so that you don't have to bleed the water coolant system, just don't lose the gasket!
Then its just four 10mm nuts and bolts, roughly an hour each way removal and refitting.
Thanks a lot for this! I had a look through my Haynes manual and was hoping I wouldn't have to roll the engine forward but this confirms it. Unfortunately I don't think I'm confident just yet to perform EGR removal. I did however buy a blanking plate yesterday as I've read the insert is easier to access? Just taking off the plastic shield to access the metal pipe?

I only just changed my fuel filter the other day which is the first bit of maintenance I've done. May be bitting off more than I can chew with this job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts