Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I just bought a 2002 Pg 307 XR 1.6...the key on the remote can manually open the drivers door and start the car, but the remote keys system didn't work, so I bought a new remote key cover(the little round unlock push button was missing) and put a new battery in. Now the lock push button works fine, but when I push the unlock button, nothing. Am I missing a spring or something under the button?
McJensen

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am having problems with my key soon to be replaced. The micro switches on the circuit board have small rubber push actuators, these are worn so when you push the button it lands on the switch but nowt happens. Maybe its this in your case, they can be bought less than £3 off ebay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having problems with my key soon to be replaced. The micro switches on the circuit board have small rubber push actuators, these are worn so when you push the button it lands on the switch but nowt happens. Maybe its this in your case, they can be bought less than £3 off ebay.
OK thanks,
Have any idea what would I look under in Ebay?
Two micro switches perhaps?
Or maybe a used working remote key?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have a two push button remote, lock works, unlock doesn't, seems like its missing the top to it in the photo.
Not sure which serial number I should go after for the two switches.
Michael

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

Heres inside of my remote key, the top is off the micro switch for the unlock button. Which serial do I use for the micro switch?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
They normally just ask is it two button or three button fob, and for which car, model and year. Dont think you need a serial no. Some dealers will fit the switch for you, if you do it yourself use a precision soldering iron, to remove the old switch resolder first then de solder, this will avoid pulling the solder point off the board.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They normally just ask is it two button or three button fob, and for which car, model and year. Dont think you need a serial no. Some dealers will fit the switch for you, if you do it yourself use a precision soldering iron, to remove the old switch resolder first then de solder, this will avoid pulling the solder point off the board.
Thanks, I just got 2 new buttons on ebay. I'll take it to Peugeot and see if they will do it,
otherwise I have a friend whose an electrician,
Michael

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ok MC pleasure to be of help. Battlestar I have had so much to put right on my car, that I couldn't contemplate all those jobs you volunteered for. Do be careful with those pcb's, If that tip helps you in the future, brilliant. At home the guys are laptop engineers and software boffins with me mechanical, we sort of pool resources and they passed me that tip for the job MC's doing.

S

·
0 Posts
I can pretty much guarantee peugeot wont do it as they'd rather sell you a new key!

If anyone else needs buttons i've just realised ive got a key PCB here with both buttons on, cover the postage and i'll gladly donate it :thumb:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hi Mc, sorry the problem is still there. As you fitted a new battery, the key may need programming again. To program it, put key in ign. turn on ign. turn off ign. turn on again and press function on key and hold for 10 seconds. turn off ign. and remove key, it should now work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Mc, sorry the problem is still there. As you fitted a new battery, the key may need programming again. To program it, put key in ign. turn on ign. turn off ign. turn on again and press function on key and hold for 10 seconds. turn off ign. and remove key, it should now work.
Thanks, Tried to program it, no go. I think the unlock button isn't working.
Have to get another button and soldered it again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts