Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

New here so hello all.

Just a quick one, just got myself a 2014 Peugeot 308 and have found a button on the dash and I have no idea as to what it does ?.

I will attach a picture of what it is and it's to the right of the steering wheel. To me it looks maybe like some kind of radar detection maybe, so mobile speed camera or something.

Can anyone shed some light on what it does as I was hoping if I pressed it, it would come up on the centre console screen what it does but nothing happens

Kind regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I think you press that to turn off the volumetric alarm when locking the car so that if for example you have left a dog in the car it won't set the alarm off. You press it just before getting out and locking the car.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
As above it's the ultrasonic alarm sensor disable button.

1) Switch the ignition OFF.

2) Press & hold the button in, the led will come on & stay on.

3) Deadlock the car as normal - the interior ultrasonic alarm sensors are deactivated & the led will revert to its normal flashing mode for the alarm system.

You have to repeat this every time you wish to lock the car with the alarm system armed but the ultrasonic sensors disabled.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I thought using the button only disabled the volumetric alarm but left other alarms active? And, equally, I thought locking with a key did the same thing. I'm not in a position to be able to check the manual.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The alarm system only arms when you lock the car with the remote fob.

If you lock the car manually by inserting the key in to a door lock barrel the alarm system won't be armed.

I dont think I've ever seen a PSA Peugeot / Citroen alarm system that can be armed without using a remote key / fob.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Right I have the handbook in front of me. Ours states (paraphrasing slightly):

Exterior perimeter
Interior volumetric
Tilt (if fitted)

Protection - exterior perimeter monitoring only

Deactivate the interior volumetric monitoring (and tilt if fitted) to avoid unwanted triggering of the alarm in certain cases such as:
- occupant(s) in the vehicle
-
-
- transport on a ferry

Something I didn't know. According to the handbook "if the vehicle self-locks automatically (occurs after 30s if a door or the boot is not opened), the monitoring system is not reactivated automatically."

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The auto relock after 30 seconds feature remembers the alarm system status when the system was last armed.

It's to do with people accidentally unlocking the car by inadvertently pressing the fob unlock button in a pocket etc.

When you switch the ignition ON it will reset the interior ultrasonics & tilt sensor ( if fitted ) so they will arm with the rest of the alarm system next time you remotely lock the car - unless you disable them with the interior button again.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The auto relock after 30 seconds feature remembers the alarm system status when the system was last armed.

It's to do with people accidentally unlocking the car by inadvertently pressing the fob unlock button in a pocket etc.

When you switch the ignition ON it will reset the interior ultrasonics & tilt sensor ( if fitted ) so they will arm with the rest of the alarm system next time you remotely lock the car - unless you disable them with the interior button again.
Well, that's not what the handbook says...

·
Registered
542 Posts
The alarm system only arms when you lock the car with the remote fob.
I dont think I've ever seen a PSA Peugeot / Citroen alarm system that can be armed without using a remote key / fob.
Mine is keyless and does arm without the remote key fob being used. Just has to be present in certain areas of the car.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Mine is keyless and does arm without the remote key fob being used. Just has to be present in certain areas of the car.
Mines keyless to, you are still technically using the keyfob as its always transmitting the signal & you touch the door handle twice or press the boot button twice to deadlock the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts