Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got an issue with my 807, the idle is rising and falling and when I unplug the maf the idle behaves normally. I realize disconnecting the maf is effectively disabling the egr on these (among other thing). My question is, could the egr valve cause the symptoms I describe?
Am I correct in assuming if the egr valve was stuck open it would generate a fault code and check engine light?
I do not have a check engine light and there are no faults registered by peugeot planet for the egr (just temporary faults related to the unplugging of the maf).

I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences related to this issue, I have had a look through back posts in this forum but could not find any with my particular symptoms.

Thanks

Richard

·
5,997 Posts
Which engine ?

If you have vac only EGR then you normally don't get fault code. Have you tried cleaning MAF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the 2.2Hdi DW12TED4, replaced the MAF about a month ago. Old one failed and put on check engine light new one resolved but still left with the uneven idle.

Have not cleaned egr yet but these are a pain to get too and was hoping to be reasonably certain before feeling that particular pain!

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like the engine is being choked, have checked air filter (cleaned and re-oiled K&N), new fuel filter housing, fuel pressure sensor and regulator. The car idles fine without maf and also when maf connected but egr disconnected.
My gut feeling is maybe egr is either sticking or partially blocked, I have checked at the inlet manifold end and no restriction there.

Thanks

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts