Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am struggling at the minute to get an aftermarket undertray to fit, and stay attached to my car my burning question of the moment is to have an undetray or not?

Malcolm.

C

·
0 Posts
Use cable ties makes life easier as clips tend to fail, plus it makes garages use ties also so you don't get five miles down the road and you hear the scraping of tray and road.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes and no really.

It *could* affect handling with it not being there, and possibly airflow through radiator / intercooler, and also noise.

It's there for a reason, but personally haven't noticed any ill effects with it off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes
looked at the copy ones and woundered how well they fit.
The rear side sections on mine broke off and I have trimmed it back to the crossmember, easy to refit from the front with just the 3 front clips and 2 on each side.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My undertray is hanging off one side, the other sides been secured with a cable tie

It scrapes occasionally.

Seen them for £45 ish on eBay, or is OEM the way to go?

C

·
0 Posts
My undertray is hanging off one side, the other sides been secured with a cable tie

It scrapes occasionally.

Seen them for £45 ish on eBay, or is OEM the way to go?
Depends on how deep your pockets are!

I think a few have bought ebay ones.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My car came without an undertray and seems to drive ok without one, but it would keep things clean and tidy so i would say best with. just had a peek on the bay and saw an under bumper tray, what's that about?

·
Registered
124 Posts
My car came without an undertray and seems to drive ok without one, but it would keep things clean and tidy so i would say best with. just had a peek on the bay and saw an under bumper tray, what's that about?
Yeah I saw that too, it's a lot smaller than the others I was looking at.

To me it just looks like one piece. That bumpr one may go up nearer the radiator perhaps?

J

·
0 Posts
Mine has only got a tray covering the first 6-12" from bumper going backwards, basically below radiator - maybe this is the part you've seen. Mine doesn't have a full undertray, never did when I bought it, and touch wood its been OK without one.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a plastic thingy under my bumper but its been cut as if it was bigger. My guess is someone took off the undertray and cut it away from the front cos didn't know how to remove it.

C

·
0 Posts
Mines got that bit also if I remember right it slots into the undertray to help hold things together!!

·
5,041 Posts
this is what servicebox reckons it looks like......oh and its £160 from dealers

·
5,041 Posts
this is the rest of the underbody protection

·
5,041 Posts
Nice one trem, Do you know if your illustrations are the same across models?
ive looked at 1.6 diesel, saloon and sw also the 2.0 diesel and there the same. also the 3.0 v6 is, so yea i think on the 407 there all the same

1 - 20 of 24 Posts