Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Am new here so forgive me if am repeating posts or something.

I bought the 2018 3008 GTline from the dealer in UAE/Dubai, i am in love with this car.. i bought it for my wife ..but i cant stop driving it , i notice that the engine protection cover under the car is missing,There was the nuts clip for the screws where the cover should be ... but no screws and no cover... Which was a shock ( also because i took the car to the desert to test the grip control in Sand and i thought i lost the cover in the desert .. this is another story to tell), in anyway i went back to the dealer to ask if they removed it when they did the 2500km check , and they said no , so i went to the showroom to check a new car if it has it or not ... Turned out that the new car also have no engine cover

Does anyone know if the middle east 3008's has no cover .. or its just a stupid mistake ... and if so .. why would the factory leave the clips for the cover there, if the car comes with no cover???

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't have a cover either under or above the engine. I agree, it's strange.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My UK GT Line has an engine cover. Maybe they remove it in cars exported to countries with very hot climates to allow better air flow, although this doesn't explain why our friend in Norway doesn't have one. The retaining clips are probably fitted at the factory during the build process, as they have no idea what country the car is destined for. There are other forum members who own and drive 3008's in countries with similarly hot climates, so it will be interesting to hear if their cars were supplied without this plastic cover. To be honest it serves no real purpose, other than to make the engine bay look a bit tidier, and maximise heat retention. Don't think you will need the heat retention in the UAE.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The engine cover below the engine are there for a very specific reason: better air flow under the car for lower fuel consumption.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
True, my post refer to the top cover, I should have read the post properly:eek: All vehicles should have the under cover for the reasons you state.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The engine cover below the engine are there for a very specific reason: better air flow under the car for lower fuel consumption.
I super agree in regards of under car airflow and fuel consumption .. i manage 631km per 52L of petrol ( 1.6 turbo ) smooth driving

Also on another... and to be honest it could protect the engine and the exhaust ... i already go at hit on the exhaust pipe ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My UK GT Line has an engine cover. Maybe they remove it in cars exported to countries with very hot climates to allow better air flow, although this doesn't explain why our friend in Norway doesn't have one. The retaining clips are probably fitted at the factory during the build process, as they have no idea what country the car is destined for. There are other forum members who own and drive 3008's in countries with similarly hot climates, so it will be interesting to hear if their cars were supplied without this plastic cover. To be honest it serves no real purpose, other than to make the engine bay look a bit tidier, and maximise heat retention. Don't think you will need the heat retention in the UAE.
AS for the heat.. i got the RCZ 2012 and i have been pushing it in summer ... +50C degrees no complaint regarding engine heating up .. the AC struggle tho .. but not the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Agmuns,
Did you contact the dealer in this regards? i would like to know more on what they have to say ... Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
No, I have not. We opened the hood when I took delivery, and I mentioned that it was unusual to not have an engine cover on the top. But I've not contacted them about not having an engine cover under the engine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Would I be wrong in calling this part a 'skid plate'?

Naming of parts always seems to differ the more people you talk to, but having the correct name usually helps a service team get their act together.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A skid plate is usually made of metal to protect the engine if the car lands on rocks (off road driving) or hits the ground in rally, rallycross etc.

The cover that usually is fitted to road cars are made of plastic and will break if something hits it. It wont protect the engine from anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

Am new here so forgive me if am repeating posts or something.

I bought the 2018 3008 GTline from the dealer in UAE/Dubai, i am in love with this car.. i bought it for my wife ..but i cant stop driving it , i notice that the engine protection cover under the car is missing,There was the nuts clip for the screws where the cover should be ... but no screws and no cover... Which was a shock ( also because i took the car to the desert to test the grip control in Sand and i thought i lost the cover in the desert .. this is another story to tell), in anyway i went back to the dealer to ask if they removed it when they did the 2500km check , and they said no , so i went to the showroom to check a new car if it has it or not ... Turned out that the new car also have no engine cover

Does anyone know if the middle east 3008's has no cover .. or its just a stupid mistake ... and if so .. why would the factory leave the clips for the cover there, if the car comes with no cover???
Hi, maybe i'm 4 years late
But my 5008 in Indonesia also doesn't have it and thinking to buy it in the dealer because they sell it for around 300 USD

Anyone here experiencing an improvement in sound deadening when applying this under engine cover?

Because 300 USD seems too much if it's usage not significant...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts