Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - just picked up our new 3008 GT Premium last week and noticed that the driver seat back is uncomfortable even when the '4-way lumber' adjuster is at minimum.

The passenger seat is almost flat at the back and comfortable but the drivers seems bulbous and sticks into your back. Is this because of the extra bulk of the massage components?

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and 3008 ownership.

I don't have the massage function on mine but quite a few do so will no doubt they will answer you soon, but I've not heard of anyone else having the same issue as you.

Paul

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I haven’t noticed a difference between the driver’s seat and the passenger seat although I must admit I have never really studied them. I find my seat as comfortable as in any of my previous cars.

I personally don’t like the massage function and rarely use it, although one use I have found is to keep me awake on a long journey because it is so damn uncomfortable!

One of the complaints early-on in the forum was that the massage function was on by default in some cars, is this your problem?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am in the same thought and logic as Chris.
I used it for the first month or so, then the novelty wore off.
Wife’s the same, only she finds it’s use uncomfortable.

If it’s uncomfortable when switched off and you know you have the lumber set to the lowest setting, then I would get the dealer to check it out.

Like Chris, I can’t say I notice any difference between the two front seats. Both are extremely comfortable; and to be honest, way better than my previous vehicle a Merc and on par with the big Volvo I had before.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I must say I have no problem with the feature and I find the lumbar support excellent. I have a trapped nerve that gives me some gip at times and I find that by inflating the support it holds my back in just the right position. I only use the lumbar massage function on long trips and like that too. So it gets a thumbs up from me.:thumb:

Reactions: alfa147

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies - the massage function isn't on but the seat lumber is quite pronounced even on lowest setting.

A bizarre thing just happened though - sat in the car after engine off - 2 mins later heard gussing of air from driver seat and the back then became flat like the passenger seat which was much more comfortable - started engine and low and behold lumber inflated to be really uncomfortable again.

I'm sure I have it on lowest setting using the 4-way dial but I would just prefer it flat - any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I was in the process of posting a reply regarding this. I have now checked both seats and there is no difference in shape even with all the mechanics in the driver's side. I don't use the lumbar support but when I tested this, it made the seat swell quite a lot. If your car is automatically making the lumbar support adjust then either there is a fault or perhaps it is set to do so in the profile settings (although I am not sure if this is one of the settings but somebody will have the answer) ...........or seat memory???

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks for your replies - the massage function isn't on but the seat lumber is quite pronounced even on lowest setting.

A bizarre thing just happened though - sat in the car after engine off - 2 mins later heard gussing of air from driver seat and the back then became flat like the passenger seat which was much more comfortable - started engine and low and behold lumber inflated to be really uncomfortable again.

I'm sure I have it on lowest setting using the 4-way dial but I would just prefer it flat - any ideas ?
After reading this I quickly went out and tried it.

Just as Chris mentioned ~ When not used it is flat but once you change the dial it raises quite significantly.
If you simply cannot lower the lumbar support back to its lowest setting then you must have a fault.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It may be that I'm not lowering lumber back to lowest setting.

Im pressing the down part of the 4 way rocker switch - is this right or doing it wrong ?

An explanation of how to get the back flat would be good if you have same function thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts

Im pressing the down part of the 4 way rocker switch - is this right or doing it wrong ?

An explanation of how to get the back flat would be good if you have same function thanks.

My lumbar support is controlled with the buttons running parallel to the floor on the rocker switch and not the top and bottom ones. The top and bottom buttons do nothing at all to my seat.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This is the relevant page from the manual and explains the lumbar support adjustment control. It doesn't say that the lumbar support is included in the save function but there again it does say it takes into account the electrical adjustments of the seat. I’d give that a try if you haven’t already.

Sorry the image is a bit too small to read but is page 74 of the manual. Phil is correct, it is the front and rear buttons that control the size of the lumbar support, the top and bottom buttons control the height position in the seat of same (apparently).

By the way, I have noticed my reference to timber and have corrected it. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

As in the manual:-
Adjusting the lumbar support electrically The control allows independent adjustment of the depth and vertical position of the lumbar support.
- Press and hold the front or rear of the
control to increase or reduce the lumbar
support.
- Press and hold the top or bottom of the
control to raise or lower the lumbar support area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes thanks - but even holding the rear control button it doesn't deflate to a flat back.

The vertical button does alter the position of the lumber in the seat up and down (which does work on mine).

Another thing I've found is that when you open the door the lumbar inflates but before you start engine you can get it to go flat (air deflates) but as soon as you start engine it inflates back again :confused:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have just tested in my car and confirm that lumbar support position is held in memory. For the short time I was with the car the support did not deflate but maybe it will after a few minutes. I presume the memory will cause the lumbar support to inflate when the car is started although my reasoning my be flawed as you normally have to press button 1 or 2 to restore the memory.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
This has been an interesting thread, but oddly, every time I read it I think of my Dad who used those bead seat covers you could buy in the 70's/80's which he swore by.

Guess though Morris Marina seats weren't the comfiest to start with however.

Paul

·
Registered
848 Posts
This has been an interesting thread, but oddly, every time I read it I think of my Dad who used those bead seat covers you could buy in the 70's/80's which he swore by.

Guess though Morris Marina seats weren't the comfiest to start with however.

Paul
I used to use one of these but it didn't last long....played havoc with the hairs on your legs if you wore shorts:eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried to take a photo of the “lumber minimum setting” of the drivers seat compared with passenger seat to demonstrate the resting position difference.

Sorry photos are sideways so need to look at sideways on

Drivers seat
Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Floor

Passenger seat
Car seat cover Car Vehicle Car seat Textile

Hope shows how the passenger back is flat but the driver seat two bumps either side of centre line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, was there a solution to this problem? I have a 2019 5008 and I'm facing the same problem with the lumbar support. I can't seem to get it to be as flat as the passenger side and it's rather annoying..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi, was there a solution to this problem? I have a 2019 5008 and I'm facing the same problem with the lumbar support. I can't seem to get it to be as flat as the passenger side and it's rather annoying..
I've just learnt to live with it - it just never fully deflates so is never as flat as passenger side unless you turn engine off and wait a few minutes, then with a puff of air it deflates.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts