Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise if this has already been answered in an earlier post but I did check through old posts. I have a 2005 206 hdi 110 (mileage 68k). For the last couple of weeks "UNBLOCK DIESEL FILTER" has come up on the central LCD display. As the car was going in for a service, I thought that changing of the fuel filter would rectify fault. Unfortunately it hasn't. The cars performance has not changed and no other warnings are showing. I've searched the internet but can not find anything to help me. The garage is just a local independent one with very little in the way of equipment. They do a good job normally but I don't think they have the knowledge to sort this problem. Would appreciate any help in this matter. If any more information is required, please ask. Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
could just need code erase. there is a post for people on here with pp2000 interface that could help solve or read codes,that might give more information on the problem. i havre pp2000 but im in southampton.full list in the diagnostic on the maintanance part

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your quick reply. That may help me, unfortunately I'm nowhere near Southampton :( I did find some more information on another website. This person had a 307 hdi 110 and it was coming up with the same warning as mine. He found this: It refers to the diesel particle filter in the exhaust that has a truly Heath-Robinson inspired "control" system that rarely seems to work as advertized and is making literally £millions for Peugeot/Citroen dealers. He was given this answer: it bolts on to the catalyst ,it probably doesn t need changed just purged and it is done at the dealer through the diagnostics. Could this be a possibility too? Thanks again.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yes it could well be i have a 307 hdi but i have a pp2000,but have u tried the trip down the motorway in 3rd gear or 4th keeping the revs to just over 3000.for a few mile to forceregen it. ? might be worth the ride out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts