Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I bought a Pug 307 SW 2L 110 HDI back in Feb and from about april I started getting the error 'Unblock Diesel Filter' and back then I read about it and saw about giving it a 'motorway blast' and everytime I got the error I did that and the error went away from a few weeks so I just continued to do this...

Well as of a few days ago I have started to get this error every journey now not straight away but randomly in my journey can happen both when I am at speed and 'doddling' through town.

As of a couple of days ago I have also noticed the car is not as responsive for instant changing into 3rd at 30 used to be fine now I notice it struggles a little and is more acceptable to change around 40.

My plan was to continue until next services (2000 miles off) and ensure all filters are changed, oil, additive etc however due to recent events I am not sure I can but at the same time cannot afford a lot at the moment so was wondering if the experts here were please able to advise based on what I have said (or ask questions).

I also am no mechanic and don't have the abilities or tools to take anything off/do it myself.

Any response is very greatly appreciated :)

Regards,
Max

·
11,711 Posts
I'd get a Planet diagnostic to check the system:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

But check the latest map as the original one is rather old and some members have now moved on.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2&msa=0&ll=54.265224,-3.383789&spn=10.238651,28.54248

I'm not certain, but I'm sure I've read that "unblock diesel filter" relates to the fuel filter? One of those is only a fiver.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gibbo for your response.

I have taken a look at the map and forum post but unfortunately there is no one anywhere near me it seems. I am from the Eastbourne area.

As I can get a fuel filter so cheaply then I will see if I can find someone to fit it for me.

I did however come to work this morning and did not get that error on screen and my car didnt seem to have the slight reduction in power it seemed to be having - or maybe I was just too asleep to notice) and my journey is a 30 minutes one including some nice hills to climb.

Regards,
Max

·
11,711 Posts
Can you see if the additive tank has any fluid in it? It really does need a thorough check of the additive system components to make sure its working as it should.

What's the mileage? You have to bear in mind that it might be coming up to the end of the working life of the DPF. Peugeot say they go around 70,000 miles but in my experience they should last longer.

And I don't know if it will help but mine was feeling sluggish so I put in a tankful of Shell Optimax and ran it in third gear in town and fourth on the motorway so the revs were higher.

As a result it feels as though it's cleaned the fuel system and its much punchier and the throttle far more responsive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya, Well its at 89,000 was at 83,000 when I bought it in Feb.

I can try and take a look at the additive tank, I have never seen it but I believe from something I read its around the rear passenger side wheel? Is it really easy to see the level as I have no means of lifting the car etc

Also Shell Optimax isn't that an unleaded fuel? This is diesel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. There is no garage anywhere near me lol its about half an hour in the opposite direction in which I travel however if its going to do my car good then it might be worth the trip to put a tank load in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brilliant thanks for recommending that Halfords is next door to where I work and read the reviews on the Halfords website and I am impressed so I have reserved a bottle and going to pick it up after work and put it straight in, i will eventually make it over to the Shell station and have a full tank of that diesel as well so with the millers use with the morrisons fuel I am currently using then a tank of the shell when I get ago I am expecting to see some improvement!

I will keep you updated thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i had the same unblock diesel filter coming up on mine. you need to take the dpf off and wash it out with gallons of water. put it back on and it will be fine done mine a while ago now and its been fine since. do a serch on here you will find out more about doing it

C

·
0 Posts
so with the millers use with the morrisons fuel I am currently using then a tank of the shell when I get ago I am expecting to see some improvement!

I will keep you updated thanks for the recommendations.

HHMM Morrisons Diesel! I used to use it in my 2.0 407 hdi and it run like an old cement mixer since swapping to Asda Diesel she runs a whole lot better much smoother and quieter in my opinion. I think it has something to do with the percentage of bio diesel in it compared with other fuel suppliers either way my 407 didn't like it at all I also got better MPG after i swapped aswell :eek: Just a thought.

·
11,711 Posts
Yeah, I keep off the Morrisons fuel too. It worked great in my older 306s but never found it that good in more modern Pugs because of the higher %age of biodiesel in the mix.

They may have reduced the blend now its been a few years since I used it.

·
11,711 Posts
Round here Shell is the same price as all the supermarkets, so I just go for that. Maybe its because of the proximity of the refinery at Ellesmere Port?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi thanks for the replies,

Paul I have read about that but its not something I would be able to do unfortunately.

Trust me Morrisons and Shell fuel are no where near the same price here. Morrisons Diesel is current 135.7p and the nearest Shell is 138.9 + the shell is a 30 minute drive in a direction I don't go. Near me is:

Morrisons: 135.7 - Enroute Home
Tesco: 136.9 - 3 minute Drive out of way
Sainsburys: 136.9 - 3 minute Drive out of way
Esso: 136.9 - 5 minute Drive out of way
BP: 136.9 - Enroute Home
Asda: 135.7 - 15 Minute Drive out of way

Also thanks for the suggestion on the millers additive.

I bought some after work put about a dosage and a half in to start with then went over morrisons topped up the fuel don the 15 mile journey home (avg MPG currently 38.9) reset the computer I have done another 85 miles since that last night and my current MPG is 46.8) ontop of the my car feels a little more responsive and the engine is quieter (not that it was noisy before) also when stopped in traffic I noticed the engine sometimes causes a little shudder in the car, maybe not the right word a gentle jolt etc. Well I have not noticed that either today.

I have another 60 miles to do between now and Monday Evening and then a 600 mile trip to the midlands and back Wednesday so will be interesting to see what it is like after that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

Ok So I did 138 miles between Friday and Monday with average MPG at 44. Also the unblock diesel filter light happened a couple of times but much less then it had been during the week (every journey)

So Monday evening I topped the car back up to full ready for Tuesday's trip and a bit more additive in (put about half the measured volume as I was only topping up half a tank.

250 miles or so up to our destination - Unblock Diesel Filter error happened only once and it was about 100 or so miles into the journey which is the longest its ever taken to show that error, Ran very smoothly and very responsive

250 miles back home not a single error appear she ran back beautifully responsive no shuddering at stop.

Stopped a couple of times each way for a break and at no point did she struggle to start.

Average MPG after that long trip is 49.9 which I think is extremely good.

So far so good again no error on the way into work this morning I have an almost emptied my tank doing that long journey so top up again this morning + additive then after this tank load ill seek a Shell garage to top up from.

I take it I don't add the additive to the Shell fuel?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts