Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 206 GTI HDI 1.6 with the "unblock diesel filter" message on clock/mpg display.

Initially replaced the Fuel filter believing that was the problem but after lots of research on this forum, realised it was the "Diesel Particulate Filter" which was blocked.

I really don't have the money to replace it with a new one, so was happy to attempt removing it and jet washing it out as others have suggested. Even when that is done though, you still need Peugeot Planet to clear the error message.

Finally got round to buying PP2000 and cable this week and after installation problems, got it up and running tonight.

My questions are as follows:

1. If I do a regen on PP2000, will this just clear the message or actually burn the carbon deposits out of the DPF? Thus removing the need to dismantle my DPF and jet wash it out?

2. Can it be done when the car is stationary? I've read the exhaust area gets extremely hot and can burn the driveway??

3. Eloys Fluid? Will PP2000 tell me exactly how much is in the tank, or is it just a case of visually looking?

Apologies for all the questions, but as I've only had PP2000 for the whole of 2-3 hours, I don't want to do something daft and make matters worse by "experimenting" with such a powerful tool.

Even better if somebody out there has done a regen can you give me a step by step account?

Any advice/replies and I would be very grateful.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Forcing a regen will burn the crap in dpf, if it will perform one.

Yes exhaust will get very hot heard stories like you of melted drives and rear bumpers, can be done stationary but is very scary to watch/see and should be very last resort.

Visual check of additive is always best as you never know what anyone else has done before you, if it was 2nd hand.

I'd avoid forcing a regen if I was you!!!!
Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys new to this forum. i had the same dpf blocked problem on my car. after searching around and doing some research i found the best soloution is to to have the dpf removed and the car programmed. i had mine done by a really good company really helpful and quick got my car back on the same day. the company are called Bodyteq they could help you out check them out Bodyteq -accident repairs -dpf removal - services - reprays - bmw e30 restoration - car body work - well established accident repair and service centre based in greenwich

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Vas. Thanks for reply. Unfortunately I live just outside Dundee in Scotland so not really viable for me get DPF removed by the site you suggested. Thanks for the advice though.

CAB - You seem pretty clued up on these things. What do you mean "if it will perform one"? What reasons can't if perform one?? Sorry to sound thick!!

Also, if I have to go down the route of removing DPF, do you know if the 206 GTI HDI 2004 model is one whole sealed unit or split in two with the CAT at the top and the DPF at the bottom. I seemed to recall reading somewhere that this 206 model might be one complete unit??

I suppose the easiest way is look, but given the weather here at the moment I'd have to do it in the wet, plus takin of the heat sheild etc is going to take a while and I need to use my car for work for next week or so.

Thanks again in advance.

C

·
0 Posts
Just because planet has the ability to make/force as regen there are faults that can be present on the car that can stop a forced regen or even a normal regen.

Have you read fault codes yet?

If so post them plenty of people willing to help here :nod:

You may have a fault present that has caused filter to block and cleaning it will only be a temporary fix.

Is car used for short journeys alot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
dpf

hi. im not sure if it is one unit but it will be sealed i waited at bodyteq while my one was getting done. they removed the exhaust anc cut a square hole where the dpf is and removed the filter the cat is in the same bit but they didnt cut into that part

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got round to doing a check today.

PP2000 reports the following errors:

1). P1639 Remote intermittent fault. Supply relay power part open circuit.
2). P2408 Additive system fuel tank cap presence sensor
3). P1351 Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied.

Any body know what they mean?? The only message i get on the car's display is "unblock diesel filter".

If I have to buy eolys fluid, is DPX 42/176 ok? I have a 2004 206 GTI HDI. 110bhp. I did a quick test in PP, and the additive pump is working.

I also bought some new glow plugs a while back but ( and apologies for the ignorance) where the heck are the old ones located?? I can't seem to find a picture on a web search, so if anybody could send a link direct it would be appreciated.

Cheers :lol::lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to say in last post.

Car has 85k on the clock. I do a 40 mile round trip to work most days on the motor way. However I rarely go above 70mph!! Driving Miss Daisy, as the missus calls me!!

D

·
0 Posts
Dpf wont regen if you have failed glow plugs eg p1351. Replace them and do a forced regen on the road.
Oh and you need a fuel cap presence sensor. Wont regen without that either.
Sent from my GT-S5690

C

·
0 Posts
Take David's advice, sort 2 & 3 out and go from there.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts