Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya I was wondering if someone can help please, I am unable to lock or unlock my 307. It doesn't unlock on the door at all never has so only able to use fob, I have changed battery on fobs and still no joy, I had to break inin the end to get in. Once in car starts straight away, but won't lock at all with fob or even on the button inside car. Really struggling to think what it is.Thank you in advance for help

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
try bsi reset procedure

could be a weak battery on car
could be the bsi
could be broken wire

have you put the battery in the correct way round in the key

the door not locking manually could be the rod has come off the actuator or the lock

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery on car is fine, both keys have had new batteries so don't think it is the fobs, but yeah I could be that unlucky to have 2 broken keys haha, it could be he wire on he inside as ut won't lock at all even from the button inside but not sure where to even start looking

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
have you tried a bsi reset

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just checking fuses now, I was informed that if you change battery on key quickly it doesnt need resynching, how do I go about that

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Theoretically you can get away without synching the keys if you do it quickly but if the fobs stopped working due to a failing battery then you have already lost synchronisation. That information applies when changing the battery on a working key and works most of the time but I have replaced batteries in fobs within a couple of seconds only to find I had to resync.

Turn the key to position 2 - ignition on but engine not running
Immediately press the lock button for a few seconds
Switch off ignition and remove the key from the ignition switch.

Test the key while still in the car - see if it locks and unlocks. Do this while still in the car just in case it locks but doesn't unlock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, we tried this and it didn't work, it has been a problem to unlock for about a week but unlocked fine until Thursday and then became a bit of a problem, so thought it was buttons, so new case, no still problem so assumed battery so changed but yet again no. Have found out now that it is hit and miss locking and unlocking on the button in he middle of the car now, so asumming a fault somewhere there now but not sure

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
try put a fan heater in the car for an hour or warm the car with engine and see if that helps if it does then you could have signs of water coming in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I don't know if this helps but when I first got mine I was locked out nothing would work in the end found out it was the smallest bit of white plastic wich connected the motorised part of the lock to the electric park of the lock had fallen out and into the door. I had the people we got it from brake into it then take the door apart and find the bit put it back together and not a problem since. Maybe just a once in a lifetime problem but it might help with your problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts