Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,

I have recently changed the shoes on my rear brakes and the nearside went back together fine after a small amount of play with the toothed adjuster.

Went to fit the nearside and the shoes are too far out and I cannot get the drum over them.

I have moved the adjuster and it still wont budge. Looking at the arm that links the handbrake to the shoes, it seems prouder than the other side.....

Is there a way to adjust on cable on its own or does anybody know any other way to resolve the issue?

Many Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
884 Posts
Slacken off the hand brake cables,the adjuster is under the car hidden by the exhaust heat shield.As long as the shoes and "bits" are fitted correctly you should not have a problem.
Its best to clean off the rust ridge in the drum,click up the auto adjusters just enough to fit the drums.Drive it and bed down the shoes then finally adjust the cables to get two or three clicks on the lever.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
124529 = troublesome hub

124620 = hub which fits

I may have to disassemble the troublesome hub and try again.... maybe the handbrake cable is not sitting correctly...

I shall try your method first "Old Pug". Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Looking at your images Both hand brake cables are not fully returned,one more than the other. The lever that the cable fits to has a raised bit in it,that should be back touching the shoe.
When you do what I`ve suggested just make sure the cables are nice and free and not hanging on.??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts