Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
After alot of looking around iv'e finally narrowed my search for my wifes car down to two vehicles. A 2008 allure 13 plate auto with just over 60000. No DMF problems but (DPF problems at a later date) The other vehicle is the same but manual with just over 40000. So could have DMF problems and DPF problems at a later date. What are peoples thourghts on these two.
Mike

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
My first thought is why would you assume you will have DPF problems they dont HAVE to be problematic peugeot dont seem to be fitting dual mass flywheels as often now so the manual might not have 1 depends on engine power etc.

Also some so called autos are not really they are manuals with automatic control not the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks reliable 406. Ill have to check weather the non auto has a dmf. Are these auto gearboxes reliable ?

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
All the proper auto boxes are jap design and generally reliable the kid on autos im not so sure i never really understood the point in these and in older cars they do cause many issues i would only buy a proper auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts