Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£23,350 for the 1.2 130 GT-Line EAT8.

Peugeot clearly thinks they are in the same league as VW now, for that price you can get a fully optioned Polo R-Line.

Guess I'll be waiting for the new Corsa!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'd rather have the Peugeot then set foot in any VAG dealership or drive anything with a VAG badge on it.

Peugeot - voted the most dependable car brand overall by owners in the 2019 JD Power survey.

·
Registered
764 Posts
£23,350 for the 1.2 130 GT-Line EAT8.

Peugeot clearly thinks they are in the same league as VW now, for that price you can get a fully optioned Polo R-Line.

Guess I'll be waiting for the new Corsa!
Pug have been a league higher than VW for a while now.... Pug didn't have to cheat the emissions test like some other large manufacturer did *whistles*

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, I'm an old codger one diagnosis away from handing back my license so I had planned on keeping my pristine 82bhp 2016 example with only 7k on the clock. It's paid for, costs me £20 a year in tax, gives me 48.5mpg and suits me down to the ground.

However, when I saw the new 208 on numerous youtube videos it did get my juices running a bit. And I did think about just one more...?

But not at these prices. Best part of £17k for an entry level 75bhp Active! That is taking the piss. I like Peugeots, bought them for years but short of a catastrophe the one I have now will be my last.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up a pre-reg 308 Tech Edition 1.2 130 EAT8 from my local dealer for less than the book price of an entry-level 208. All the bells and whistles apart from the gimmicky digital dash in a full-fat hatch rather than a supermini.

Personally, I think Pug have shot themselves in the foot, the 208 was always a good value small first car. I guess there will be a lot of new drivers in Kia's and Hyundai's. A top of the range Kia RIO GT Line S is cheaper than the entry-level 208 now.

No doubt when they announce the new 308 next year it's going to be £30k and up

·
Registered
764 Posts
You picked up a cheap 308 because it's at the end of it's life. It's about to be replaced by the new 308.

Secondly pricing is correct. Peugeot is going upmarket and differentiating between the brands.

This is how the lineup will be in the future, from "best" to "worst". DS > Peugeot > Citroen > Vauxhall/Opel.

New model car prices are MRRP or Manufacturer Recommended Retail Price. That is not the price you will pay, that is the absolute maximum. Once you get to your dealer, the price will be lower and a certain room to manoeuvre the price to give "discounts" can be given then. Plus I believe post-Brexit pricing is taken into account.

For example, if I offer a car for £17k, I can then give you a 30% discount. You'll be happy thinking you got a great deal. It's just business / marketing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I last spoke to the dealership they were hoping to get a demonstrator November, but if the experience I had when I ordered my 3008 is anything to go by factory orders will take 20 weeks plus.

·
5,624 Posts
Maybe worth waiting till the plate change over and look for a pre-registered one.

There was a scary article in the dealer section of Car Mechanics, trader was at one of the main auction sites and there were a couple of pre-registerd VW T roc's there.

7 weeks old and less than 500 miles on the clock and they both sold for around £7K less than list price £1000 per week depreciation

·
Registered
764 Posts
Have you seen a T-roc in the flesh? It's a bit ugly.... I guess VW anticipated more demand than actually showed up

·
Registered
920 Posts
Where they specced with the 1.5 problematic engine?

Loads of complaints about this engine across the VAG - manual gearbox ones especially, the DSG box masks the faults most times.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Where they specced with the 1.5 problematic engine?

Loads of complaints about this engine across the VAG - manual gearbox ones especially, the DSG box masks the faults most times.
Must have been.... those are some serious issues with the 1.5 TSI Evo engine and VW must have been wanting to get rid under a "no returns" policy.

·
5,624 Posts
Re read the article they were 1 ltr models in white (allegedly one of the most popular) and mileage was about 1k. There was also a couple of new focus's with similar losses

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts