Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and I think is great place to exchange info and help each other as Peugeot owners.
I bought my Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech Allure 2016 last month and really like the car and how is driving. I had a front tyre puncture couple of days ago and decided to ring Peugeot Assistance which provide 12 months comprehensive breakdown cover including Europe mainland from first registration. I was shocked to find out that this cover does NOT include replacing the flat tyre with the space saver spare. I was asked to pay £120 :confused: if I need it done. Luckily I was just outside my house but I cannot imagine if this happen to someone on the motorway or in Europe. After I used my RAC cover to get the flat tyre swapped I was chatting to the mechanic and he told me AA as service provider cut a lot of their services to keep their policy prices low and stay competitive. So if you have AA policy you are very likely to be affected too. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
Think yourself lucky you had a space saver spare. My daughter hit a big unmarked pothole at night, ripping a hole in the front NS tyre of her 108. Surprisingly the gloop they supplied for punctures had little effect.
She now has a space saver spare.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can purchase additional AA cover for about £15 per year that includes:

Punctures and wheel changes
Putting the wrong fuel in or running out of fuel
Lost or stolen keys or locking them in your car

My total AA renewal this year was £95.00 which includes the 'extras'.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
You can get that same cover for a lot less with some of the other companies. Shop around.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can get that same cover for a lot less with some of the other companies. Shop around.
Yes, I agree....but after paying out for the emergency SOS kit it seems a shame not to continue with the feature and the AA do offer a very good package...providing you add the 'extra cover'.

On my wife's much older 206 she gets emergency Green Flag cover added to her Insurance policy for a small extra of about £25.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and I think is great place to exchange info and help each other as Peugeot owners.
I bought my Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech Allure 2016 last month and really like the car and how is driving. I had a front tyre puncture couple of days ago and decided to ring Peugeot Assistance which provide 12 months comprehensive breakdown cover including Europe mainland from first registration. I was shocked to find out that this cover does NOT include replacing the flat tyre with the space saver spare. I was asked to pay £120 :confused: if I need it done. Luckily I was just outside my house but I cannot imagine if this happen to someone on the motorway or in Europe. After I used my RAC cover to get the flat tyre swapped I was chatting to the mechanic and he told me AA as service provider cut a lot of their services to keep their policy prices low and stay competitive. So if you have AA policy you are very likely to be affected too. Cheers.
Thats interesting to know, mine is covered by AA by fleet cover. I wonder if they cover tyre change. I wouldn't fancy changing tyre at roadside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts