Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help on this one. Im trying to get familiar with my 2005 307 HDi. When looking into the turbo intake it looks like in the picture below. Can anyone tell me if and how bad this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks, if something went in then it probably also went out again since the ugly thing is still working, but the floating shaft is something I would like to investigate further. What is normally stopping it from moving in this direction?

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
That does not look as bad as some :)

To be honest try and grab the shaft see how much play it has up and down and in and out if it has a little up and down thats acceptable but it should not really have any noticable in/out movement

If it has a lot of movement this will eventually lead to oil being dumped into the inlet and the engine reving its nuts off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just a short followup if someone from the future would be interested...
-Sump looked ok even though it has probably never been removed before (based on how the gasket looked). Black oil, but no particles or other sticky or hard-to-remove substances.
-Turbo and oil feed replaced. Quick and fairly easy with instructions available online
-EGR cleaned - not that it was needed, just something I did to see how it looked like
-Air intake parts cleaned. An interesting observation was small pieces of orange silicone-looking pieces spread all over the surfaces. Probably an old air intake gasket that has been sucked into the turbo, caused some damage and then ended up about everywhere.
-Now engine runs really fine, MPG 20% improved. Only thing remaining is a fault saying "maximum number of aborted regenerations" for the DPF. That is, I guess, a different story.

Conclusion: This is a really interesting engine. Not sure I am impressed though. And again, thanks for your helpful answers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts