Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this on behalf of member "worldofda". He contacted me for a diagnostic to resolve an anti pollution fault.

Its a 110bhp 307 with around 80k on the clock, so was most likely requiring a filter clean and the additive tank filling.

But upon doing a diagnostic it reported the following:

In the BSI:
Absence of communication with the fuel additive ECU (ADDGO). Not characterised.

In Engine ECU:
Permanent fault. Additive system Value received by the CAN incorrect
Remote intermittent fault. Multiplexing Fault on the VAN.

When doing a global scan it failed to communicate with the Additive ECU and left it greyed out.

It also reported the following codes:

P1435: Permanent fault. Additive system Value received by the CAN incorrect

U0046: Remote intermittent fault. Multiplexing Fault on the VAN

We had a look at the additive values:

which look OK, as there's 66g or 3000ML in the reservoir. Everything else is OK - fans working on low and high speed, all relays clicking, no problem with heater relays or glow plugs.

One thing Mike did mention was that this car was previously owned by someone who worked for Peugeot. She said that it had done this before and they disconnected and reconnected an electrical connector.

I'm guessing that it's the additive ECU one. Now in my my diags I've never had an additive ECU not respond, so I''m not sure where it's hidden. Servicebox shows it as item 34, but where is it? Under the rear seats perhaps?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes easy to do there are 7 small torx screws you may be able to open them with a small screwdriver though, alternatively you can remove the small cover panel under the glove box and remove the plug that way more awkward but it can be done :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got round to looking at this problem this weekend. And guess what it was a dodgy fuse as suggested by Stubbo.

Can't thank you guys enough for your suggestions.

Mike

·
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another example of how invaluable this forum is. If this was taken to a garage I've no doubt that they'd look at the fault message, the mileage on the dash and say it needed a new DPF system.

And you can use Planet, Autodata or any other diagnostic or garage software, none of them will have given you the experience from another member.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Finally got round to looking at this problem this weekend. And guess what it was a dodgy fuse as suggested by Stubbo.

Can't thank you guys enough for your suggestions.

Mike
Hiya Mike,

any chance you can advise where this is / which fuse? Having issues being able to communicate with mine and PP cannot speak to the Additive ECU..

cheers
Paul

·
Registered
121 Posts
hi guys I get something similar on my 308 1.6 hdi when doing a global scan sometimes I get communication error with engine relay and greyed out or the additive section is this similar, also a fault in bsi saying unexpected reinistilisation of the bsi or something like that could a dirty fuse do this also where would I find such a fuse on the 308,many thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
hi guys I get something similar on my 308 1.6 hdi when doing a global scan sometimes I get communication error with engine relay and greyed out or the additive section is this similar, also a fault in bsi saying unexpected reinistilisation of the bsi or something like that could a dirty fuse do this also where would I find such a fuse on the 308,many thanks.
Your car has no standalone additive ecu. Its built into the engine ecu.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Engine fuse box.

Get a can of Halfords Electrical Contact Cleaner (£3.99). Remove each fuse and spray the socket it goes into. If the fuse is dirty just replace.

I've seen a couple of dirty engine bay fuse boxes cause problems over the past few weeks - even on my own car. Mine had cobwebs in it, and I was getting the ABS light coming on when starting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all,

I tried the suggested fuses, but it didn’t work for me and the fuse box is completely dry.

I did find the washer fuse 10A blown though.

I have a machine now with diagsbox on which advises that the DPF bag doesn’t need changing now for at least 96K, so that ties up with the new bag fitted I guess.

I'm assuming i can’t reset the low level additive light because the DPF ECU can’t be accessed/seen/muted on CAN bus.

The additive pump works fine!

So I'm on the hunt again to find the ECU, behind the internal fuse box.

regards
Rich

Does photo bucket work on this site?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.