Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my 307cc in the local main dealer on a recall (abs) and while it was there i asked them to check the tracking . They said they could not do this as my tyres were nearly ilegal . I nearly fell off my chair as the car has only done 8000 miles from new.
Iquestioned this and they said this is normal mileage are they having a laugh,this is my 6th peugeot and all the other did more (a lot more) 8000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If they are budget tyres then yeah will only do 8000 miles with it being such a heavy car you need to put top of the range tyres like goodyear or something then you will get between 10-15000 miles depending on how u drive the car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are the factory fit pirelli that were on the car when it was new and they still only did 8000 miles and the car is not driven hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tracking can be knocked out quike easily just from going up and down the kerbs. The budget tyres are just as good as the bigger brands for wear. I use budgets on all my company vans and they last years. but on my Peugeot and Jag I always use Uniroyal. There is a diffrence in the rubber and you realy notice the road noise on budget tyres. The tyre inflation can also play a major effect on the wear.

I agree though 8,000 miles is poor. Is it even wear on all four tyres ot just the fronts? if its just the front it shows theres a problem somewhere even though power steering plays a factour on front tyre wear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just The Front On The Outside Of The Tyres Both Sides I Am Keeping A Real Eye On The Tyre Pressures now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts