Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

now that you've had your Travellers/Spacewagons for a while now, how are you finding tyre wear on the front. I've now covered 37k miles and I'm on my 3rd set of fronts and about to change the rears for the first time next week.

I have the Allure Auto, 180 but I can't see that being such a huge factor, I'm wondering if there could be an axle fault or something?

Grumpy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Funnily enough I was reflecting on this today. I just came back from a 5 day 750 mile trip to Devon & Cornwall and the front tyres look to have visibly lost tread on this trip. If I get a chance at the weekend I will do some computations as to how many miles I think my front & rear tyres will last.

They will certainly last nowhere near as many miles as my Skoda where I just fitted some new front tyres. The previous ones had done 58,000 miles over 3 years :thumb:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
12k a set doesn't sound right to me Billy.

I suggest you get it checked.

Paul
It's just on the fronts Paul.
The rears have done 37,468 miles and are being changed out today.
I have asked on a couple of occasions about it at the dealers but because they are new and most won't have done that many miles Peugeot will not have had much feedback from other Traveller or Citreon/Toyota equivalent owners.

So the upshot is I'm a bit of a pioneer :thumb:

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funnily enough I was reflecting on this today. I just came back from a 5 day 750 mile trip to Devon & Cornwall and the front tyres look to have visibly lost tread on this trip. If I get a chance at the weekend I will do some computations as to how many miles I think my front & rear tyres will last.

They will certainly last nowhere near as many miles as my Skoda where I just fitted some new front tyres. The previous ones had done 58,000 miles over 3 years :thumb:

Hi Yobbo,
Wow 58k.. That would be great if I could get anywhere near that, but alas..

It will be very interesting to see your findings.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I measured the tread on my tyres and compared them to the spare unused Primacy 3.

The front tyres if run them to 1.6-2mm will last 20-21,000 miles. The rears should last 40-42,000 miles as they seem to be wearing at exactly half the rate of the fronts. The rears seem to be wearing at a similar rate to Grumpies.

The fronts are disappointment as I am a very gentle driver who spends long periods on dual carriageways and motorways. As I mentioned in the other thread I believe that the rubber used on the Primacy 3 is quite soft so that may well be a factor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts