Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 107 for almost 5 years now (an on my recommendation my Mum also bought one 2 years ago)

We are on the whole delighted with our little cars and the performance, however we are both experiencing what seems to be excessive tyre wear.

We regularly have our tracking checked (living in a town with many roundabouts and speed bumps it is a must) however we are still averaging only 12 months per set of tyres.

If it was just mine I would suggest that it was me being a little racy into the corners and bends, however my 60 yr old mother is much more sedate in her driving and is having the same problem.

Has anyone else had this issue or are we just lucky???

·
5,087 Posts
every 12 months seems excessive, what mileage do you do in that period??
Chopper1192 is our man here that is in the know about 107's i'm sure he'll be along soon to hopefully shed some light on this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've both got Continental tyres on rather than cheaper brands.

I'm currently doing 10k per annum and Mum is around 8k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be a combination of my driving and living in milton keynes (land of the roundabout)

Thanks though

·
5,087 Posts
Could be a combination of my driving and living in milton keynes (land of the roundabout)

Thanks though
pretty certain choppers from that area as well. little red 107 all tarted up :nod:

C

·
0 Posts
Yes, used to live in MK. It's murderous on front tyres and brakes.

The standard Contis or Miches are crap. UniRoyal RainExperts are a very popular alternative, but they'll crop a mile or two off the mpg.

Fit something other than Contis or Miches, run them firm (i stick 35 psi in mine), check the pressures weekly, and still expect to get through an above average level of fronts because every 300 metres you accelerate, brake, corner. With very little distance covered at a constant speed - on the rare occasions I drive to work I might brake 3 times the whole 8 mile journey, and one of those is actually in the car park when I arrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts