Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1999 V reg 406 2.0 HDi Estate Executive.
Trying to check the tyre pressures... :(

No label on edge of drivers door.
Manual index says go to page 15; page 15 shows a picture of the car with a note to say check door label for tyre pressures.
Looked through manual page by page, can't find tyre pressures in it anywhere.
Looked up on the Net - so many different recommendations it's hopeless.

Any help appreciated please :thumb:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi,

If they're 195/65 R15 then it's 32psi. I ran mine at 34.

Can't remember what it is for the 16s.

The typre pressures aren't in the manual. They should be on a sticker near the hinge of the driver's door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rwb - I did't look at the hinge end of the door, I'll do that right now.

I forgot to say my tyres are: 205/55 R16 91V

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK found the label eventually, it's at the hinge end on the door reveal - never thought of looking there, on all my other cars it's been on the door ant the handle end.
It says for 195/65 R15 tyres 2.3/2.4 bar (34/35 psi) unloaded and 2.3/3.2 (34/46 psi) bar loaded.

My tyres are 205/55 R16...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trem1
Thanks for the site address but it says my car should have 195/65 R15 (as they all do) but I have 205/55 R16 tyres fitted.

·
5,087 Posts
but if you look at the 2.2 coupe that has 205's on

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Pump them up to what it says for 195s, keep an eye on your tyres, if thet seem to be wearing more in the middle than the edges drop the pressures a couple of lbs.
Keeping tyres correctly inflated is a very important and much neglected part of car safety.
More cars have pressure monitoring systems fitted nowadays, because most of the public is too damn lazy to do anything other than fill their cars with fuel.
In the USA tyre pressure monitoring systems are mandatory, a sad turn of events imo.

Roger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts