Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pressure do you have your tyres for a 2.0HDI SW??
I have always done mine to 2.4 bar (35psi) and they keep to this, yet its just been in Peugeot and they have said my tyres were underinflated by 0.6bar (9psi) which I find extremely hard to believe... either my gauge I use for pressures is wrong, or they should be higher than 2.4bar.

Thoughts guys??

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong! My big heavy Volvo runs 32-34psi!

·
5,071 Posts
'think' my 407 saloon is 2.6 bar in the front and 2.4 bar in the rears.
thats on 17" alloys

·
5,071 Posts
whats it say on your passenger doorpost?? my cars parked beside a fence so i cant see it:eek: and what a stupid place to stick the sticker:eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine also has the 17" alloys with 215/55/17 94W tyres, so all as per standard spec.

I haven't looked in the door - its still with Peugeot tonight, but I know there is something on the drivers door panel with this on, just can't remember what it is :p I wanted to go armed with what pressure it should be and question why they said it was 0.6bar low and what pressure they were using.

As I see it, there is 3 possibilities:
  • my pressure gauge is reading high
  • their pressure gauge is reading low
  • wrong pressures being used
Either way, be nice to get to the bottom of which one of the three is wrong :thumb:

·
Registered
535 Posts
17" alloys with 215/55/17 94W Front 2.6bar/37lb/sq in Rear 2.8bar/40lb/sq in. I know this as I had a puncture today.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I don't know where I got the 2.4bar from :confused: but they are all defnitely more now - bit too much at the moment as they have put them all to 2.8bar ish, but I'll correct the front once cooled down.

·
5,071 Posts
just out of curiosity wheres everyone sticker telling them the tyre pressures??

mines nearside/passenger side on the front pillar just under the check-strap, stupid place to put it cos you've gotta open the passenger wide to try and see it:nod:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is on driver's side, on front pillar, right down near the bottom... but yes, door does need to be wide open to see it :thumb:

Putting the pressures up hasn't helped with mine, jsut a harder ride now

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well I don't know where I got the 2.4bar from :confused: but they are all defnitely more now - bit too much at the moment as they have put them all to 2.8bar ish, but I'll correct the front once cooled down.
The sticker on mine states 2.5 Front at all times, 2.3 on the back with a little weight in the car, and 2.8 if it's carrying a fair load.

Phil

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, they were right.... they were 0.6bar underinfalted :eek:
Checked today, and 0.2bar under was my fault for thinking they should have been 2.4bar :confused: and the other 0.4bar was due to my now utterly useless cheap tyre pressure gauge I bought off eBay.... been thinking for months that all was OK, and now when I pop down ASDA and check pressures, and they are all 0.3bar ish too low! Check them again with another tyre pressure from someone else, and they agree with the ASDA and Peugeot reading.... end result, my tyre pressure worthless. Now how much has that cost me in diesel driving at 0.6bar (9psi) too low for months.... a pretty penny I reckon!

·
Registered
113 Posts
A sticker?? With tyre pressures on?? Now i need to go and look!!
think most manufacturers do this now and have done so for a number of years. Also remember it can depend on how the car is loaded as well weight wise. Being hard may have some advantages but be carefull as it can also makes your stopping distance and grip harder to achive. Would also mention if you have alloy wheels keep a eye out for poor laquire or chips to the rim as this can cause air leakes which may be making your tryes go soft quicker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts