Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just recently got myself a 1.8 petrol 407 2006. My question relates to the TPS, I noticed that the rear nearside has a flexible rubber valve and the drivers nearside TPS is damaged.

Can I have the TPS removed completely and go for standard valves ?? and if so will going down the path cause any problems with the on-board computer. :confused::confused:

Cheers,
Brian :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah can go with standard valves, tpms will need turning off with diagnostic equipment (peugeot planet) so you get no more warnings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi All,

Just recently got myself a 1.8 petrol 407 2006. My question relates to the TPS, I noticed that the rear nearside has a flexible rubber valve and the drivers nearside TPS is damaged.

Can I have the TPS removed completely and go for standard valves ?? and if so will going down the path cause any problems with the on-board computer. :confused::confused:

Cheers,
Brian :thumb:
you may find that the tpms are already turned off if you are not getting any faults showing now.

C

·
0 Posts
Can I have the TPS removed completely and go for standard valves ?? and if so will going down the path cause any problems with the on-vowed computer
Yes, you can remove the sensors and the function can be de-activated in the OBC. However, TPMS becomes mandatory on all new cars from next year and looks set to become part of the MOT from 2015, so my advice is fix it properly now rather than run about panicking at the last minute before a future MOT.

And I think Brian is correct, it looks as if you have one sensor missing already so if the display is still bleeping a warning then the previous owner has been very tight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies Guys:thumb:

No warnings on the MFD so the tpms must already be switched off, so might just replace them all with standard valves.

Thanks again.

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Raven how did you get on with the above problem......thinking of going down that route myself
To be honest I haven't done anything yet except to confirm that the TPM has been deactivated

C

·
0 Posts
Hi Raven how did you get on with the above problem......thinking of going down that route myself
You can either turn the system off, correctly with no more warnings

Replace any faulty stems or sensors, grey/black stems can be found on the bay for around £7 or £8 and are meant to last. Sensors often pop up even new ones for around £25.

C

·
0 Posts
I just removed mine completely as the previous owner had already swapped one out for a rubber valve and another was corroded so badly I couldn't get any air into the tyre. If memory serves me right it was about £15.00 per wheel at my local tyre fitters and that was to remove the old valve fit a rubber one then balance the wheel. Next it was a trip to the Stealers to get the system de activated again think it was £50 and while I was there they activated my Aux in on my stereo as well but anybody who has planet can do it for you for a lot less I was just impatient and went the stealers :D

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I had 2 of mine snap. Got them all replaced and I de activated the system. I saved the £45/£50 each for the next thing to break :D. First car with it on so can't say I've missed the thing.
I've been driving 13 years nearly and not needed them.
Besides if you need a beeper to tell you to pump your tyres up you shouldn't be driving. And from what I remember of mine, they weren't that quick anyway. So I'm pretty sure you'd notice any sudden, meaningful loss of pressure by way of vibration/pulling before the system beeped. And if you ever had a blow out you'd DEFINATELY know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts