Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a tyre very slowly deflating for a while now & only recently diagnosed as a leaking valve rubber seal. Peugeot want £69+ for a new sensor, valve & seal but I only need the seal which they or anyone else don't seem to sell.

Does any one know if the rubber seal & metal ring are available anywhere?

I've ordered one of these for now, Jaguar XF XK LandRover new Tpms 433Mhz UK spec fits Ford,Peugeot, chrysler. | eBay
but the guy's feedback doesn't fill me with confidence so I'll wait & see what happens.

C

·
0 Posts
Just swap the seal over when it arrives, just be careful fitting it as it states new it's probably been removed from a car, the metal ring and rubber seal should be flat and when fitted bend to the shape of the wheel to create the seal.

I've used similar to repair/replace stems and seals before now without issue.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CAB, that's what I was planning to do. I've never actually seen or held one in real life so didn't know they bent to the shape of the wheel, I'll look out for that & make sure it's flat.

I just wish I could buy a bag of seals so have a few in stock for the future.

C

·
0 Posts
Yes but the repair kit you found has a silver valve stem

The sensor you've bought looks to have a grey/black stem which is the newer design which is meant to last compared to the old ones that corrode and snap, so while swapping the seal I'd swap the whole stem over.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Craigleather. I know I can turn them off but I'd still have to replace the leaking valve even if I use a standard one so I figure I might just as well replace the valve & seal on the existing sensor. :)

Got an email saying my £8.00 valve & sensor has been dispatched, but I still can't see why just the seals are not readily available. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts