Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right my next problem.

After 30-40 mins of driving we get tyre pressure monitoring fault come up and 2 arrows point to both left wheels. Now non of the valves look like tyre pressure monitoring valves. So if I get 4 new valves am I able to code them via planet?

Also is there anything I need to look for when buying the valves.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I first bought my 407, after getting the tyre monitoring message every time after a few minutes of driving, noticed the front two tyres had been replaced and the rigid valve stems which tell of tyre monitoring devices had been replaced with normal (flexible) ones.
These rigid tyre pressure valves become corroded, so the day after checking the tyre pressures on the rear (with the rigid valves), one of the tyres had gone down (as I had disturbed it).
As I intended to change the tyres anyway, got the valve stems replaced with normal ones at the same time (in other words, removed the tyre pressure units from inside the tyre).
Local Peugeot (Fish Brothers, Swindon) kindly disabled the tyre pressure monitoring (for free) when they coded me a new key.
Now it's like a "normal" car where I actually check the tyre pressures occasionally myself (God forbid), but don't have messages galore about tyre pressure monitoring :)

C

·
0 Posts
Yes new valves can be coded with planet, but buying pug ones won't be cheap. you either need the forcing tool or make sure you have the sensor id's for each sensor and which wheel each sensor went into.

Think someone on here successfully coded either jag/ford/landrover sensors which will be far cheaper, just can't remember who or where the thread will be now.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The rigid TPMS stems are made from very flimsy metal and often break, making it difficult or impossible to connect an air line.

It is supposed to be possible to change only the stems, however this usually results in breaking the aerial that connects the stem to the monitor, destroying it.
This happened to me, so I how have 4 regular valves. However, I'm happier with the air being held in than I am being notified that it's all gone. ;)

I believe these are they: 4 x BRAND NEW JAGUAR LAND ROVER TPMS VALVE FOR JAG XJ 433MHZ. ALSO FITS FORDS | eBay

I also believe that you can code them to the car using PP2k. You need the ID off each sensor -- so take photographs before fitting and make sure you know which one went on which corner. I think you have to convert the hex ID on the sensor to decimal for entry into PP2k.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need to configure them in the BSi Menu and Also turn them off in the TPMS Menu. If you only switch one off the display will flash up a fault either when you start your car or after about 30 mins of driving.

·
5,087 Posts
I just went into accessories and changed it to steel wheels.

Reactions: rwb and mooi1uk

·
5,087 Posts
Yep ,used to get pressure not monitored after 20-30 minutes driving but nothing in the last 11 months

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is off the top of my head

Global Test
Wait for test to complete
Scroll right to the top icon on the test list
Click on BSi Module
Click on Configure
Click on Warnings or Driver Aids (not quite sure which it comes under)
Click on TPMS
Click on Disable
Press F5 to configure

Press F1 three times to go back

First on Done.

Then

Click on TPMS ICON in the global test list
Click on Fault Reading
Click on Clear faults
Click on Configure
Click on Disable
Press F5 to configure

Press F1 three times to go back

Make sure you shut down PP2000 properly before you disconnect the interface.

Like I said, its of the top of my head but it will guide you in the right direction, once you start it becomes self explanatory and you'll wonder what you where stressing for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Am I the only person who actually likes TPMS? My old 407SW had TPMS and I found it very useful - until an idiot garage threw my sensor away when they replaced a tyre. I've now replaced that 407 with a newer model. I noticed straight away that the valve stems were rubber, so assumed that the previous owner had had TPMS disabled. I'm now fitting new tyres all round and though this an ideal opportunity to reinstate it, but I'm now worrying that a) the car may not have ever had TPMS or b) the electronic gubbins that the valves talk to may have been removed. I saw that DavidIreland said in another thread that he can tell if the car originally had TPMS with the last 8 characters of the VIN. Mine is 21736608. Did it have TPMS? Many thanks if you can help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Have a question, if I am switching between 2 sets of wheel, do I need intervention for each swap or I just a matter adding all (4+4) wheels in monitoring system and the computers will do the rest (somehow think that is unlikely)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Am I the only person who actually likes TPMS? My old 407SW had TPMS and I found it very useful - until an idiot garage threw my sensor away when they replaced a tyre. I've now replaced that 407 with a newer model. I noticed straight away that the valve stems were rubber, so assumed that the previous owner had had TPMS disabled. I'm now fitting new tyres all round and though this an ideal opportunity to reinstate it, but I'm now worrying that a) the car may not have ever had TPMS or b) the electronic gubbins that the valves talk to may have been removed. I saw that DavidIreland said in another thread that he can tell if the car originally had TPMS with the last 8 characters of the VIN. Mine is 21736608. Did it have TPMS? Many thanks if you can help.
no, it haven't got TPMS

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have a question, if I am switching between 2 sets of wheel, do I need intervention for each swap or I just a matter adding all (4+4) wheels in monitoring system and the computers will do the rest (somehow think that is unlikely)
You can change around how you want, you can also mix them around

·
Registered
203 Posts
So if I transport them in the car wont the system go crazy since it has 8 wheels :D

Also I find it useful, very 2 times it beeped that tire dropped pressure (almost half a bar) and there were no any visual indicators that it lost some air, so I want to keep em

·
Registered
203 Posts
Now weird thingy I put new set of rims (with TPM). I didn't got the chance to go to add em in the ECU/BSI. Now it only beeped once TP Not monitored, and it never beeped ever since and it has been like a week, is this normal behavior or?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts