Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: I have had a 2007 reg 807 since new. I live in Altrincham (as location may be relevant).
I have previously had issues with the TPMS when changing tyres, but a few years ago the manager at the local National Tyre place claimed he now had the technology to re-program the sensor and all has been good.
But recently the same tyre place replaced all four tyres. A couple of weeks later the rear nearside sensor gave the under-pressure warning. However the tyre was at the correct pressure. I took it back to National Tyre and the (same) manager spun me a tale that the sensor has a battery which cannot be changed and that ultimately all such cars will eventually exhibit this fault and nothing can be done.
The warning originally was “under-pressure”, but yesterday the warning changed to “Punctured” and a red STOP light appears on the dash, The tyre however is still well over the “normal” pressure (half way to heavy load).
Is there any substance to the story about battery failure? Is there a simple and cheap solution to this issue – going to a Peugeot dealer is not an option from my experience with my local one as it costs money just to talk to them – and get no answer.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
I dont think they have a battery as such i thought they were a bit like the keychip for the immobiliser in that the car sends a signal asking for the info and the info is returned but i suppose the chip may need some form of power it may self generate using the rotation of the wheel.

I have some in a bag so went and had a look and it looks like they actually DO have a battery so he may well be right :)

·
5,987 Posts
In my old 807 the sensors did have a supposedly non replaceable internal battery (2032 like fob from memory).

I did cut a couple open and replace the battery but then had stems fail from corrosion etc and the repair kit was a silly price so i just replaced with normal valves and switched the system off.

If you really still want to use the system there are aftermarket sensors available now i also believe some early Jaguar, Ford or Renault systems use the same sensors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts