Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newbie here.

I collected my brand new 308 1.2 130 Allure last week. Previously I had a 2015 308 1.2 130 Sportium with the 16" Diamond Wheels.

Since driving the Allure with the larger 17" wheels with 245 45 17" wheels, I have noticed there is a lot of tyre/droning noise, most noticeable on poorer road surfaces. I can't see it being a mechanical issue as the noise is only bad on poor surfaces (most of the UK roads then)

Has anyone else noticed this? I want to drive another 308 with the same wheels just to see what it is like. The Sportium was much quieter but it had smaller wheels.

Apart from this I am very pleased with it.

Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Well I was thinking how much quieter my Allure is than the previous 308 SW (2010). Mine has 16 inch wheels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie here.

I collected my brand new 308 1.2 130 Allure last week. Previously I had a 2015 308 1.2 130 Sportium with the 16" Diamond Wheels.

Since driving the Allure with the larger 17" wheels with 245 45 17" wheels, I have noticed there is a lot of tyre/droning noise, most noticeable on poorer road surfaces. I can't see it being a mechanical issue as the noise is only bad on poor surfaces (most of the UK roads then)

Has anyone else noticed this? I want to drive another 308 with the same wheels just to see what it is like. The Sportium was much quieter but it had smaller wheels.

Apart from this I am very pleased with it.

Thank you in advance!
What type of tyre are we talking about?

·
Registered
542 Posts
How worn are your tyres as they do get noisy as they get to 3mm. When I've changed to new tyres its a much nicer ride for some time. I tend to rotate the wheels back to front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How worn are your tyres as they do get noisy as they get to 3mm. When I've changed to new tyres its a much nicer ride for some time. I tend to rotate the wheels back to front.
It's a brand new car with 300 miles. You are right though about tyres being noisier when worn.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
You should be able to look up the tyres you have to find the noise rating. Low profile tyres usually require a higher pressure, that doesn't help.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You should be able to look up the tyres you have to find the noise rating. Low profile tyres usually require a higher pressure, that doesn't help.
Stock EfficientGrip are a quite noisy. A far more then Conti winter TS860 I have. Dunlop BluResponse are much quieter, I had those on my Scenic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had my 308 for a month and am quite surprised by the level of tyre noise. It rides on 19" wheels and the fronts have only just over 3mm of tread, but even so, a bit more sound insulation would not have gone a miss! To be fair, like the OP, on really good road surfaces, its not too bad, but on poor surfaces it's a bit too much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had my 308 for a month and am quite surprised by the level of tyre noise. It rides on 19" wheels and the fronts have only just over 3mm of tread, but even so, a bit more sound insulation would not have gone a miss! To be fair, like the OP, on really good road surfaces, its not too bad, but on poor surfaces it's a bit too much.

Mines like a muted roar that seems to resonate from the floor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
On the contrary , I just put Goodyear Efficient grip tyres on the front and they are a lot more quieter the original Continentals that were on there and a much better tyre at that .

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
New tyres have a label stuck on which gives you the noise rating as well as economy and wet grip rating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts