Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 207 1.4 58 plate will turn over but not start. Changed fuel pump but this has not solved the problem. Battery is now in eco mode. The rev dial isn't moving, upon further investigations the problems just seem to increase. I am unable to open front electric windows, got side lights but no headlights, indicators work using the hazards but not individually, wipers don't work. All fuses tested and are in tact. Diagnostic not showing any fault codes. I am now at the end of my tether??Anyone got any suggestions please. Much appreciated ?

·
Super Moderator
1,790 Posts
Have you tried this? The beep test. Eco mode means no more than its saving the battery. It'll clear when you get it started.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done the beep test and you can hear pump pressurising. Doors lock and unlock using remote. Just at a loss of what to do next. By the way thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also sorry when key left in ignition and door is opened it beeps until key is removed as it did when car was working

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response, thanks for taking the time to reply. There is fuel pumping through. Currently battery is on charge and have yet to check spark plugs, bit difficult as they are quite deep.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Ignore all the electrics not working this is BECAUSE its in eco mode this is normal and it will all work again once it starts eco mode DOES NOT stop starting

fuel pump will work regardless of whether immobiliser is on or the eco mode is on

You really need a computer to take a few readings it could be many things

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replying. I had wondered if lights etc was related to eco mode at least I can rule them out. It's just so frustrating when it was running great, parked up for the night then it wouldn't start following morning. Too much technology these days, does my head in lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems to be going on forever, due to limited time to spend on it . Goods news so far, battery good, spark plugs good so is fuel. Therefore it's a long process of elimination, hopefully will eventually get theready.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
As i said you need a computer to look at ACTUAL readings for crank signal etc reading fault codes is only part of the diagnostic process live data is much more helpfull

·
Registered
877 Posts
check belt/chain is not broke, engine often turns over faster if breaks.

would have thought you would at least hear a little cough or splutter if spark/fuel ok

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's like it wants to start but just don't get there, so I suppose it is a slight splutter. Going to check filters and sensors see if that gets me anywhere

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You say belt is fine but that age could be either what engine do you actually have and as i said already some diagnostic data would help not fault codes actual live data while cranking

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the exact same issue, was running great 1.4hdi then just died and wouldn't turn over, found a hole in my fuel line causing it to suck air in, try hand priming it and see if any air comes through, keep priming for a few mins and then try

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Throwing parts at it might solve the problem but not the right way to go about it. It normally only wastes money and time unless you are VERY lucky. Your current scan shows no faults so unlikely at this point that sensors are faulty as they would normally show up as faults even in a basic code reader.

As reliable says, you need to get LIVE readings while cranking so try to get someone with PP2000/Diagbox to hook the car up and do a live diagnostic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks both for responding. Why I asked about sensors is that I bought 1 fitted it and engine seemed to have a bit more of a kick (may well be wishful thinking). I will not be throwing anymore money at it because upon closer inspection a previous owner appears to have had trouble with it as there's clips broken, screws missing and even wires soldered and taped.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If you have 2 camshaft sensors then you have a chain driven engine NOT a belt !

The belt you say is ok is just for driving the air con and alternator.

We need live data and the correct engine type to help as different engines have different issues.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I had the exact same issue, was running great 1.4hdi then just died and wouldn't turn over, found a hole in my fuel line causing it to suck air in, try hand priming it and see if any air comes through, keep priming for a few mins and then try
NOT exact same issue yours is diesel hers is petrol !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts