Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. At the beginning I would like to point out that I am from Poland so sorry for grammatic. I have quite a problem with Peugeot 206, 1.4 petrol, 2002.

While driving and when stationary (with the engine running), the electrician in the car goes out for a moment:

turns the tachometer and speedometer,
the lights go out (not always),
the radio turns off
the wipers are on (not always),
the backlight of the clocks goes out,
fuel gauge drops
during a "short circuit" the direction indicators do not work,
THE ENGINE DOES NOT STAND OUT!

This happens for two seconds at irregular intervals. After this "short circuit", it is not possible to turn off the lights if they were on, the on-board computer also resets, shows the oil level on the dashboard again, as if we turned it on again.

Has been changed:
  • battery,
  • all modules (from under the hood, from under the driver's legs and the steering wheel with fuses),
  • alternator,

Has been checked:
  • ignition switch,
  • combined switch from lights and direction indicators,
  • all masses,
  • clocks,
  • the ignition coil,
  • wires where it was possible to check,

On the internet I found two identical cases as mine, there it turned out to be ... clamps. I changed the minus, it did not help, now I am looking for the entire plus wire.

Thanks for advance!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Engine keeps running meant that engine ECU are fully operational. So whatever happened to the rest of electrical systems did not affect engine ECU. So I would probably start with replacing all the fuses and fuse box. But because you said you already replaced all modules (I guess it includes the fuse box?), safe to assume it's not the fuses.

I would try to check and probably add grounding wire first. And also replace both battery terminal.

If that doesn't solve it maybe replace all wiring harness. Maybe a bit overkill, but you already replaced all modules anyway, why not go the extra mile?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine keeps running meant that engine ECU are fully operational. So whatever happened to the rest of electrical systems did not affect engine ECU. So I would probably start with replacing all the fuses and fuse box. But because you said you already replaced all modules (I guess it includes the fuse box?), safe to assume it's not the fuses.

I would try to check and probably add grounding wire first. And also replace both battery terminal.

If that doesn't solve it maybe replace all wiring harness. Maybe a bit overkill, but you already replaced all modules anyway, why not go the extra mile?

Thank you for your answer. Yes, the modules were all replaced along with the fusebox. The ground wires were also checked and cleaned. The ground terminal has been replaced, I still have to change the + but i need to search together with the cable, because it is complete and leads to BSM module. If I will have no choice and need replace the entire wiring harness, it will be more profitable for me to sell the car, because the cost of repair exceeds the price of the vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your answer. Yes, the modules were all replaced along with the fusebox. The ground wires were also checked and cleaned. The ground terminal has been replaced, I still have to change the + but i need to search together with the cable, because it is complete and leads to BSM module. If I will have no choice and need replace the entire wiring harness, it will be more profitable for me to sell the car, because the cost of repair exceeds the price of the vehicle
Hello, did you manage to solve the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts