Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 407 on an 06 plate 2 litre diesel with ESP fitted my brand new caravan has ATC fitted (thats anti snaking control) the towbar fitter says he has heard that when towing turn the esp off to stop it interacting with the caravan's atc if the caravan snakes the atc and the esp will come on , Anyone heard of this or would you leave it on.
The ATC works by braking the caravan in the event of it snaking behind you if that help's

·
5,066 Posts
Hi Phil i just leave my ESP alone and let the electrical wizardry sort everything out.
But to be honest apart from pulling away on greasy surfaces/grass etc the traction control never kicks in. As for the snaking etc, I just use a Bulldog 100q and even braking VERY hard on the M5 once everything stayed nice and steady.
As you well know the loading of the van is very important and the noseweight is not the greatest on 407's but ive never had any stability issues even fully loaded for 2 weeks in Cornwall

C

·
0 Posts
Can't turn it off anyway unless you disconnect an abs sensor as it will turn on at anything above 30mph.

·
5,066 Posts
Can't turn it off anyway unless you disconnect an abs sensor as it will turn on at anything above 30mph.
yea i thought that as well but wasnt certain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts