Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 307 and my turn signals has started flashing too quickly just as if one of the lights are broken. The problem is that all the lights works fine. I have tried to replace them but it didn´t help. What could be wrong?

/Conny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello i had the same problem with my 307 although it was only on the right hand indicator. It was down to a corroded earth pin in the rear light cluster and plug connector. I ended up just cutting the earth wire off the plug that it attaches to and then putting a spade connector on the end. Then slid it onto the earthing bar on the bulb assembly. That is where I would try first anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a factory fitted towbar, you will find a microswitch inside the round plug. It is used to detect the presence of a trailer and adjust the lights accordingly.

Just squirt a bit of WD-40 in and ensure the switch is free to move.

Cheers,
Brodie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes the problem is on both sides. I´ve tried to squirt WD-40 into the plug but I cant really see the switch. Where inside the plug is the switch located?

·
Registered
168 Posts
How about on the hazards? Have you tried looking at the relay?

I'm not expert on electrics on these cars, mine was fast on left only, that was front bulb holder, but if all are flashing it seems to be a load on the relay.
Just a thought,
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For what I understand there isn´t a relay for the indicators on this model but I dont know if that´s true?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Conny1981;1466353Where inside the plug is the switch located?[/QUOTE said:
Look in the recessed groove that receives the plug. There should be a guide pin for the plug, and the switch (if fitted) is about 45 deg from it. If it is depressed then the blinkers think there is trailer attached.

Cheers,
Brodie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts