Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone give some help or advice. My turbo waste gate is stuck open on my 307 sw estate. year 2006. Turbo whistling louder and lack of power, however, when you up the revs it get more p[ower then.Any ideas how to fix the problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What have you done to determine the waste gate is stuck open? There can be other reasons for the turbo to be whistling and a lack of power.

When the engine is off, the suction pad is in the up position, and when the engine is running the suction pad is down.
The whistling sound of the turbo is constant. Also using more fuel. Engine mangement light keeps coming on and off saying depollution fault.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I'd suggest getting the car on Diagbox and looking at the live data.

It sounds like the waste gate is being told to open up, rather than it being stuck.

It might be worth checking the big grey coloured silicone pipes in and around the air doser for splits or security. They're prone to splitting and slipping from under the jubilee clips. There could be a leak somewhere

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Dont think you fully understand what your turbo actuator actually does its not a wastegate it controls the position of the vanes and from your description is doing what its meant to do as jimmy says sounds like you have a burst pipe elsewhere

On these systems the actuator is OPEN until the engine is running it then closes by vacuum and when the boost gets too high the ecu commands it to open again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depollution system Faulty

My management light keeps coming on and off intermittently. I have checked usual pipe leaks but cant find any thing obvious. Changed the air filter to. Any one with suggestions please, gratefully accepted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts