Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 1.6 HDi (110hp, 81kw). Not a very complicated question: if I trace the hose from the vacuum pot under the turbo to the vacuum control solenoid behind the engine down by the EGR cooler, that hose, where it attaches to the vacuum solenoid, is very easy to pull off. I can pull it off really easily. Slides on just as easily. In my opinion, it feels loose. The other hoses attached to the solenoid feel firm. One I can't pull off at all, the other takes more effort.

Is that normal? The turbo seems to work okay, just surprised at how loose the hose fit is.

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, mines a bit loose too, but the ones on the solenoids are a good fit.

I'll be fitting new silicon hoses soon - not that expensive - to get a better fit, although I've not had a pipe come off on its own I just want to eliminate possible leaks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, where the hose attaches under the turbo, it's on really tight. The connection to the solenoid just basically slides on and off with no resistance.

Was worried that maybe I am losing vacuum, but at idle the little arm that operates the variable vanes is all the way pulled into the vacuum pot, so everything seems to be working.

Wonder if maybe I could secure it with a plastic tie?

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it's working then it's working, you could snip off an inch of hose and hopefully the new bit will be tighter. A cable tie or a miniature jubilee clip would be ok to use.

G

·
0 Posts
I just fitted some 3mm silicon pipe to my solenoid ( I asked for 4mm but 3mmwas sent in error, but its a much tighter fit..:thumb: ) and its all good.

£3.19 for 2 metres of vacuum hose, enough to do the turbo solenoid and the swirl flap solenoid too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried a cable tie last night and it's basically impossible. The connections are so close together that the tie doesn't really fit. Also, there is now a rogue cable tie lurking somewhere in the engine compartment. :)

Inspected the hose more carefully. There are actually three of them. The one that is loose goes to the vacuum pot under the turbo. This hose (which happens to be the loose one), unlike the two others, seems to be stained with rust (?). As the solenoid is buried under the EGR cooler, I can't determine why that is. Anyways, I don't think snipping the end would help, there seems to be a rubber adapter attached to the vacuum hose and there is not much room to play with.

Incidentally, after removing the hoses to inspect them, I heard a distinct "pffffff" noise, like a vacuum sucking in air. Car seems to run okay still.

Can the silicon hosing be obtained through a dealership? Where can I source it from?

thanks!

If it's working then it's working, you could snip off an inch of hose and hopefully the new bit will be tighter. A cable tie or a miniature jubilee clip would be ok to use.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, some vacuum pipes are a solid construction with just the rubber bits on the end, so cutting these back isn't an option.

Have a look on a well established auction site, there are many sellers with lots to choose from, just type in '3mm silicon pipes' and take a peek.

4mm ID ( internal diameter ) is the same as the pipes you have already, the 3mm is a tighter fit, a little tricky to get on but will work and will be secure. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts