Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Last month I became a proud owner of a 308 1.6hdi. Unfortunately I have a problem and I found this site so I'm wondering if people could help me.

The issue is that when I'm driving, the car will feel like it's a 1ltr slug. It gets to around 3000rpm but won't go past that in any gear. It still drives fine(will go up to 70 etc) but performance is lacking. It can stay like this for a while and then all of a sudden come to life and the turbo kicks in. However, the turbo doesn't kick in until around 2000rpm, so the uptake is rather slow. Sometimes if I turn off the engine, it will go to the 2000rpm turbo kick in and not be over sluggish.

I've had a few cars in my time and I know a bit but this is my first turbo diesel so I'm a bit niave to this problem.

I bought an obd2 scanner and the code came up with 0299 which I researched to be turbo underboost. When I clear the code and drive, it's like **** off a shovel but after a couple of miles, it will revert back to how it was.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I've heard/read horror stories about turbos etc and I'm a bit concerned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Boost pressure sensor?
But in that case, the warning "engine fault" would have lit up.

Fuel filter? When was it changed?

Borrow or buy a lexia/diagbox and read livedata (engine parameters), then you will have the answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts