Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been looking at systems in order to prolong the life of the Turbo and indeed the engine.

After having a look at items on fleabay there are quite a few systems that allow ALOT of features.

Remote Start
Turbo Timer
Hi-Jacking Mode
Personal Paging Systems
Horn, Light Control
etc etc

How easy do you think it is to fit such a system to the 607?

I have not got a clue what Alarm/Immobiliser system comes with the car from the factory so do any of you know if it'd be something I could do myself? or would you recommend taking it to an auto electrician to fit?

Obviously you can see the benefits of this, Remote start to get the car up to temp before I go and drive, reducing engine and turbo wear when cold and no oil circulation, and the Turbo Timer to delay the kill of the engine to let the turbo spool down completely before killing the engine to prevent turbo wear.

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
960 Posts
I wouldnt recommend this as its gonna give a head f**k once started due to the complex electric in peugeot 607 and it always hard for these things to talk to the cars immobilisor..

·
Registered
960 Posts
a minute to the max.. how have you had any problems ??

·
Registered
960 Posts
tbh I wasnt aware of this... dont understand what difference it would make as the turbo is running while the car is moving or stationary..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts