Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to swap a 110 bhp GT1546s turbo for a vnt turbo to reduce lag. a vnt and wastegate actuator should work the same way, apply vac and closes WG or narrows vanes to increase boost. or am i missing something?
i have never really done anything other than swap and replace the cores, this is my first time considering this, any help would be appreciated.

·
5,863 Posts
As above VNT vac system works in a different way to a waste gated turbo so N75 maps need major work if you swap turbo

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great thanks guys. ive had problems with my turbo and was looking at options, wether to upgrade or just replace like for like. The turbo is fine as is the solenoid and actuator but the seating for the wastegate is so sloppy im loosing my boost 80% of the time. To top it off today i found that my head gasket is toast, slowly loosing water into the combustion chamber :eek: oh well, sort both at the same time instead of struggling to get that damn turbo off. :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
for the cost of another turbo, and head gasket,skimming etc it would actually be quicker and cheaper to swap a whole engine with turbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts